• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Banana skins!

Charlifarley

Someone that passes my door a lot has a lovely habit :x of discarding banana skins on the footpath and road. Of course, this is really exciting for Bosco and he hunts them out eagerly when we go for a walk. I usually manage to avoid him picking one up, but sometimes he sneaks one in (especially if my husband is walking him :roll:) - the blacker and slimier the better :yuk:
So my question is, if Bosco manages to eat one, is it likely to harm him?

Dont know if the skins would do her any harm to be honest but I give mine a bit of banana all the time...its her favourite

Like most things...

Just make sure not a LOT of any one new thing they have not eaten before. So maybe make sure an entire peel does not go down at one time.

Just make sure not a LOT of any one new thing they have not eaten before. So maybe make sure an entire peel does not go down at one time.
I usually manage to grab some of it out of his mouth, but he tries to gulp it down because he knows I'm coming for him :sl*p:

Thanks for the link Soushiruiuma, I suppose if it was going to be a problem I would have had the evidence by now,b*n*n* but I hate the look of blackend banana skins at the best of times, and to my mind, anything that looks so bad can't be good for you.
If if could just find the litter lout that drops the skins in the first place ......

The skins are definitely fine–and are probably a decent source of some fiber, too! The potassium in bananas is good for dogs as for humans. I'm fairly sure the same would be in the skins!

Mine often like to chew a bit on the skins if they find them or if I am eating a banana in the car I usually give them the skins to nose around with. They aren't overly enthusiastic about them though… They will take the peelings from carrots any day over a banana peel.

Back