• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A Cavalier in obedience at Crufts

Kate H

Today was the Inter-Regional obedience competition at Crufts - seven teams of seven people and dogs each from seven different regions of the UK. The Northern Irish group had a tri Cavalier in their team, working Novice - Ballaleigh Bewitched Lady (Tara) owned by Theresa Smith. Didn't do very well - but that's Cavaliers for you!

The competition was won by the Midlands team. The Western team, which came second, had two small dogs in it - our trainer Maria with her corgi Carina, and another member of our class, Jacqui, with her very pretty Dachshund/American Cocker cross, Izzie (who came joint third in Beginners and received a cup - I'm so pleased, because Jacqui was petrified with nerves beforehand!). In the Inter-Regionals the teams are only allowed to have two collies, so it's a chance for all sorts of other breeds to have a go at Crufts.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

...........with her very pretty Dachshund/American Cocker cross,....

I would love to see a picture. I'm trying to picture what it would look like. I've had quite a few Cockers, both American and English. Sounds very different.

Dachshund/American Cocker:

Go to www.obedienceuk.com click on Out and About in the menu on the left and then on Crufts Day 1 - Inter-Regionals. As you scroll through the photos, you'll find a photo of Jacqui and Izzy getting a cup for coming third in their class, and also a picture of them doing heelwork (Izzy is small, brown and white and very hairy!). There's also a picture of the Cavalier in the Northern Ireland team photo (they have green tops).

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Back