• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Intestinal formula?

mounie

My poor Nickey had a bad colitis last week, and he felt so restless, he had to go out several times at night . The vet first suggested to give him Canikur Paste, but since the situation didn't improve finally he gave him an antibiotic. Now the situation seems under control , despite he didn't go poo for a few days, and the thing made me feel worried again :( We helped him putting some water in his food and walking him for longer, and it succeeded ,but I still feel anxious it may happen again...
The vet suggested to switch to some dry food intestinal formula, but before I take any decision I would like to know if it is really effective , as far as you know

Thank you very much

Only one of my Cavaliers has ever had colitis (just once), and my vet recommended changing his food to James Wellbeloved - no further problems. My present two boys do very well on Burns. Don't know that you would be able to get either of these in Italy, but look for a rice based food that is hypoallergenic and has minimal preservatives and colorants. Some people also find a fish and potato dry food is good.

It's also worth looking at Nickey's diet generally, including treats. Rowley's colitis was caused by giving him dried pigs ear treats - he loved them, but they were obviously too rich for him, hence the colitis.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Ruby has colitis so she has James wellbeloved, same as Kate said.She also has a probiotic powder added to her food.I have to be careful what treats i give her & recently ive stopped giving her a dentistick as i realised theyre too rich for her tummy.When her tummy starts making gurgling grumbling noises i give her Pro kolin & that really helps too_Or sometimes her tummy just looks bloated & feels squishy & she gets the Pro kolin.
Hope that helps:)

Back