Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Video Evidence

Post Thanks / Like

I was trying to remember what the video reminded me of...it was so familiar...but why it reminded me of discomfort in an animal was eluding me...last night I remembered! It reminded me of some first time animal "mommies" when they are in the late stages of pregnancy/going into labor! (Horses, dogs, cats, you name it, lol). So, hopefully, it is just the heat/uti and you get a clean report from the neurologist!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I can see why you are wondering about this -- it is very odd, not at all attention-seeking or as if she is responding to something, so I see what you mean about it not really being as if she wants to play or anything like that. Not like guarding either. She looks worried and a bit distressed and uncomfortable and confused -- like she can't quite figure out what is going on -- the eye rolling and ducking away and looking around.

I'd definitely show this to a neurologist and see what they think, and get a clinical exam, and see what they think. To be honest I wouldn't think it linked to a UTI or being in heat if t has been happening for a while -- heat is a very constrained time period. The jumping up as if startled, scratching then licking would again make me want to talk to a neurologist.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

It is odd behaviour. I just do wonder if she can hear something that is beyond human hearing.

We once had a wasps nest under the house, and both our dogs behaved odly, listening a low growling at what we couldn't hear. This went on for over a week, then I put my head down on the floorboards and could hear the droning of the insects, it sounded rather sinister.
    We then got the council out to get rid of the nest.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zumie05 View Post
    I think I will still go to the appointment and get a professional opinion to play it safe.
    I would keep the appointment, just to get some answers and hopefully peace of mind. I hope Coco will be okay.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the insight everyone. Yes I will still go to my appointment with the neurologist. Yikes $125 just for the office visit! Aww well Coco is worth it.

However, her episodes seem to be decreasing as of lately which makes me feel even more so that this was related to her body changing. In fact, she seems to be super cuddly and more affectionate than ever now?!? She still will bark at her regular things, like a scary man on tv haha, but since I took that video her nervous barking and growling has only happened two other times, with yesterday and today 0 incidents.

We will see what the vet thinks. I go in this Wednesday and will keep you all posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Does Coco have insurance? Might be something to look into. It has saved us thousands.

Post Thanks / Like

She's getting better because you made the doctor appointment- just like kids, haha . I hope everything comes back great !

Post Thanks / Like

They can sometimes sense things that we can't, such as mice under the house or insects in the walls, people walking outside, minor tremors, wind, etc.
    Gracie was growling in parts of our kitchen over several days....and we had no idea why. Two days later, evidence of a mouse visit in that area. Once we trapped it, no more growling.

I do hope she is okay healthwise and good to make sure. I think it is still worth going to a vet about it.

Post Thanks / Like

I can see your concern. I would certainly take the video for the Doc to see. Can't hurt to rule out stuff.

Let us know the results on Wednesday.

Post Thanks / Like

Bittersweet news. Tomorrow and wednesday I am going to visit a venue for my wedding (yay we finally are going to get married!) so I have had to push Coco's appointment to next week.

I feel it is ok to wait a bit longer, as she is still active and happy. I still want to show them that video to see what they think. Sorry about the delay!

Also, reading up on pet insurance, most places' benefits don't kick in until 14 days after. If I signed up now, would it be a better idea to have my appointment scheduled when my coverage begins?