• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Info on PSOM and tubes

Blondiemonster

i got a callback from Dr. Marino. He says in his experience the tubes don't work very well in dogs. I think he said he used to do it, but Im not a hundred percent sure. (regardless, the info from the Dr. at Ohio state that it has never been done in the States doesn't seem accurate, since Marino defenitely has experience with it)
Anyhow, he says the draining as opposed to the tubes is way more succesful, and he said that LIVS has had the highest succesrate with their draining of PSOM so far. I think, it's based on the (unpublished) study they are conducting on it.
Now here is the good news;
PSOM after the first draining only comes back in 30 percent of all dogs a second time. (we were amongst the unlucky ones..) Only about half of the second cases gets it again a thirds time, and so far, he hasn't seen a case needing a 4th time.
Which means , between the draining and antibiotics they give after, there is light at the end of the tunnel. Or so it seems. :)

I'm glad you finally got a response lynn :) I know you were frustrated about why no one knew anything else about the study.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Back