• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

SM and Vaccinating

Holly

Is there any research I can print out and take to a new vet who will be seeing Scarlett today regarding SM and vaccinations? I know they will try to push for her to be vaccinated again and I do not want to do that.

Thanks!

Can't you just use the basic Jean Dodds/Ron Schultz info about vaccinations for dogs in general? She's only three and she has had her puppy series and probably one or two booster series so no need to revaccinate now even if she did not have SM, right?

Pat

Email me and tell me new vet's name! New for Scarlett only or for all dogs because of your location change?

Hi Pat! I just called you. :) At the vet now- they are fabulous! She said they don't believe in vaccinating animals with health issues. She is on the phone with UGA now to see MRI availability and what their stance is on the Rabies vaccine- whether they have to have a current one to be seen there. Also, she is finding out how far out they need the bloodwork. Do you know? I probably can't get her in for MRI til may.

I was in meeting - but I heard my phone vibrate..

They wanted blood chem within 7 days of MRI, but they let me do it 11 days before since I had a vet appt. for another dog at that time. Or they will do it at UGA so that is an option. They said they usually want dogs to spend the night there the night before, but they waived that for me. I don't know if that is common or not. I mentioned that I was "referring" a friend. I didn't even ask about vaccination requirements to go there - it didn't come up at all so maybe "don't ask, don't tell"?

Good news on their stance on vaccs.

Pat

Back