• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Potty Training Help..

Reptigirl

Well everything had been going great here until 3 days ago. Holly & Blitz had been accident free for a good 5+ weeks and now I don't know what happened.

3 days ago I woke up to poo and a spot of pee... I assumed it was just a freak accident. Cleaned it up with some cleaner made for pet stains and thought nothing of it again.

Next morning woke up to 2 spots of poo and 2 spots of pee :mad: Again cleaned it up and 1/2 way through the day I found a fresh spot of pee. Since I didn't know who to blame and assumed Flash would not have such a sudden set back after over 6 months of being perfect I put Holly & Blitz in the laundry room for the night (They were NOT happy about that).

In the morning the house was fine. No mess. Then tonight I came out of the kitchen and thought I smelled something.... Sure enough I stepped on a steaming pile of poo right on the black rug :grnyuk:

I'm sure it wasn't Flash because I saw him go outside not 20 minutes before this. He has also been in the kitchen with me while I was making dinner. Holly and Blitz were both in the living room the whole time.

Ever since Holly and Blitz came alone the Cavaliers have been going outside about every 2 hours when I'm home and have been okay up to 5 hours with me gone. They have not had any problems lasting all night. There last out is usually between 1 - 2 am and first out in the morning is around 8 - 9 am.

At this point they are going to be kept in the laundry room at night for a few weeks.

Is this normal for rescues to have a sudden "set back"? Is this going to be a common occurrence from here on out? Anything I can do to prevent it? I hate to lock them up every night because they KNOW Flash get's to be on the bed but I sure don't like waking up to a mess!

My 14 mo has been really irregular with her schedule lately. When she's active she has to go out so if anything wakes her up (coyotes howling, the cat, the full moon, etc) she gets restless and sometimes has to go out. I think some nights she just doesn't sleep as well because she hasn't had enough exercise. I've been trying to feed her between 5 and 6 pm every evening since it seems to work out best. She yips a warning when she has to go out.

One more thing I've noticed: Nalu doesn't get any food and water after 7 p.m., and sometimes no later than 6. If she eats and drinks after 8 she always has to go out in the night.

Back