• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Creating a monster.....

CSutherland

.....but a loveable monster. Bentley is 4 months old now, has been to obedience class twice, and is getting sweeter all the time. His rug and table-leg chewing is about gone and, aside from the issues of running away into the pasture when I let him out to potty we're doing great.
One thing he's doing now is lying on my lap while I blowdry & curl my hair every morning. He loves wind, so loves the blowdryer. He usually falls asleep. Makes it kind of hard for me but he sure thinks he has to be there.

Ah mine loves the hairdryer. When we come in from the rain and he's soaking wet, I take it out using the low heat setting and he falls to sleep in a matter of seconds just out of pure enjoyment from the hairdryer .... how sweet is that:p

Mine love hairdryers too! :)

Just a word of warning -- the real chew period has not even begun!! Puppy chewing when they are small is nothing compared to the REAL chewing stage that starts generally at 6 months plus, when they need to seriously work their jaw muscles to develop them. I found 8-9 months is typical for when it begins in earnest and lasts til just over one though some remain serious chewers for life. That' when you really need everything off the floor, to supervise at all times around furniture, and have chew toys at the ready all the time for redirecting to permitted chewing. This is generally the time when a shoe or two gets sacrificed... :rolleyes:

World renowned trainer Dr Ian Dunbar's free book download After You Get Your Puppy will take you through all these stages, if you haven't got it already! Great book with great training and care advice.

http://www.dogstardaily.com/training/dog-star-daily-declares-january-shelter-dog-prevention-month

Oh boy.. Chewing. Mine loves to chew panties. How embarassing. I have ten pairs with holes in them. She gets them out of the laundry bag. She used to chew dirty socks too :eek:

It's any kind of paper in our house, especially tissues which my two teenagers love to leave lying around and then can't understand why I ask them to pick them up :cool:

Mine love the blow dryer because it's one on one time with me. Flash also loves to watch himself in the mirror. When I'm drying and brushing him he turns around and watches in mirror. It's adorable.

I must have REALLY lucked out.... Flash never had a "chewing' phase. No more then any normal adult dog. He enjoy's his chewies but never anything in the house. (Now I remeber my german shepard... Oh my.. she ate everything until she was 2 years old. She got to the window ledges, the chair legs, a book of Cd's, my DVD's etc. She would pull stuff off the tables and counters if you turned your back for just a minute. Thankfully at 7 years old now she is happy with just her chewies)

Ha, Blondie my little girl Holly likes clothes. Not just panties but all clothes. If she can find a way into our laundry hampers she will pull everything out and make a pile on the couch. I came inside from working in the garden one day to find laundry from one end of the house to the other and here comes miss Holly from the laundry room dragging my pair of jeans.:lol: Although it's very comical to watch it's not so funny to see my clothes all getting holes in them.... :-X

Oh boy.. Chewing. Mine loves to chew panties. How embarassing. I have ten pairs with holes in them. She gets them out of the laundry bag. She used to chew dirty socks too :eek:

Chamberlain LOVES mine too! I have to make sure to hit the laundry basket every time! :lol: I think it's because it has my scent. He also lays on my shoes when I am gone!

Oh, I don't mean to imply that there's NO chewing, it's just that now he will at least react to a reprimand and quit. The worst issue now is his "love bites" on my hands. He doesn't do it to hubby, and they're great buddies as well, but unless I offer a chew toy while he's on my lap I keep getting nipped.

Back