• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sweet Potato Chews

Lani

I know some of you have had some experience making sweet potato chips, so I thought I'd ask for advice. I've recently purchased a dehydrator and would like to make some sweet potato chews for the dogs.

Does anyone know how long they should be dehydrated and at what temperature? My dehyrator can go from 95 degrees fahrenheit to 155. (or 35 -68 celsius).

I did an experiment last night while I was making myself some raw sweet potato chips and I totally over did the dog treats! They were way too dry & snapped in half when I tried to bend them ... so they got tossed in the trash.

That said, I'd like to try again, so any suggestions you all have would be greatly appreciated.

Hey I have tried sweet potato on the dehydrator and mine were a bit too chewy or too soft. I have been told they are hard to make. Chicken strips are really good to do on the dehydrator my dogs love them.

Thanks Deb.

Bumping this up to see if anyone else has had any better luck making dehydrated sweet potato chews? Would love any insight!

Back