• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ebony is having her operation tomorrow

Sabby

Ebony is having her Luxating Patella operation tomorrow. I know she will be in good hands but I be a bag of nerves. The orthopaedic surgeon operating was great explaining everything and I am so glad that I did change to another vets. It sounded a little bit complicated and it was a very long conversation we had, but this is how I understood things. Her Luxating Patella is a Grade 3. (Grade 4 is severe) Depending on the Xray tomorrow it could be that if her thigh bone is not straight enough he will have to break it to straighten it as if the bone isn’t straight the knee will keep slipping back out again. If anybody knows something about this please let me know as when you are at the vets everything seems a blur and you forget half of what they say to you. I just hope that this isn’t the case and that it will be just a straight forward operation. I am also worried about how much pain she will be in afterwards.

We'll be thinking of you and Ebony tomorrow:hug:, remember to let us know how she gets on.

Oh Sabby, I've got no experience of serious luxating patella to offer you, but I'm sure your vet will do the right thing and all will be well with Ebony once recovered from the surgery. You are such a caring Mum to all your dogs - Ebony will be in the best possible hands before, during and after.

We'll all be holding you extra close in our hearts from now on
Heartblowingpoog.gif

Hi Sabby

I am sure both you and Ebony will be fine and that she is in the post possible hands ,so don't you sit there fretting she will be dashing around before you can blink .My Rosie came so near to that operation last Nov and she was a Grade 2 and a bit and her surgeon on the morning of the operation when she was already there decided not to operate but to continue to observe for now .

Best Wishes

Bri and
Poppy ,Daisy ,Rosie and Lily

Awww, I am sure she will be fine. It's just so hard sitting back and watching them have to go through these things.

Thinking of and praying for her today.

Hi,
My Roxie has had this surgery and is doing GREAT ! She had them both done a little over a year ago and just had her left one re-done due to a dog attack. It's hard to keep her from running and jumping with the others. She responded well both times and had no complications. We're wishing Ebony a speedy and complete recovery. :)

Thank you all for your thoughts and best wishes. I will keep you updated. I know the surgeon is good as I heard good things about him from a few people.
Still I can’t help but worry especially with Ebony having a heart murmur. She saw the cardiologist last week and he said she be fine with the antistatic.

Best of luck to you both; am sure all will go well. At a grade 3 she really definitely needed the surgery as otherwise she would likely have a lot of pain as she gets older.

We'll keep our paws crossed that all goes well for tomorrow. Try and relax, I know it is so hard, but you'll need your strength to wait on Ebony post op, she'll be getting a lot of extra TLC! Thinking of and praying for you both!:lotsaluv:

Sending you a big big hug and...

*pat pat* to Ebony. I am a wreck just with a long bout of diarrhea... I can't imagine going thru this surgery. Being a doggy mama can be very stressful. :hug:

Ebony is having her Luxating Patella operation tomorrow. I know she will be in good hands but I be a bag of nerves. The orthopaedic surgeon operating was great explaining everything and I am so glad that I did change to another vets. It sounded a little bit complicated and it was a very long conversation we had, but this is how I understood things. Her Luxating Patella is a Grade 3. (Grade 4 is severe) Depending on the Xray tomorrow it could be that if her thigh bone is not straight enough he will have to break it to straighten it as if the bone isn’t straight the knee will keep slipping back out again. If anybody knows something about this please let me know as when you are at the vets everything seems a blur and you forget half of what they say to you. I just hope that this isn’t the case and that it will be just a straight forward operation. I am also worried about how much pain she will be in afterwards.

Kirra and I will be thinking of you both, throughout the day.
Give Sabby a big hug and try and be calm for her sake, as she will sense your being anxious.

We all owe a great deal to our vets and their expertise is to be commended as they bring new joy, both for our Loving Cavaliers and also for their owners.

Blessings.

Just dropped Ebony at the vets for her surgery. I know she is in good hands but I can’t wait to have her back again. They are doing a blood test before surgery to see how her kidneys and liver are functioning for the anaesthetic.

Just dropped Ebony at the vets for her surgery. I know she is in good hands but I can’t wait to have her back again. They are doing a blood test before surgery to see how her kidneys and liver are functioning for the anaesthetic.

EBONY IS HAVING HER OPERATION TOMORROW

Sabby, just read your Post .

This will be a Nail Biting Day for you,both of you are in my thoughts.

Bet

Best of luck to both of you, try and keep yourself distracted, then the time will go quicker. A great way for me to get distracted is to catch up on all the postings here!
Many a dinner has been ruined/late :p
Anyways, hope Ebony is back home with you very soon.

Dear Sabby i hope youre doing ok & not too upset tho I bet youre having a long day. We wish Ebony a speedy recovery,home soon & pampered beyond normal! Sending gentle hugs from us 3:hug:

Back