• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Treating ear infections when my Cav has PSOM & SM?

ChloeTheCavalier

Chloe's ears have been smeling a little funky lately. I'll admit, we haven't been as vigilant about cleaning/plucking her ears as we used to be after finding out she has SM and PSOM. We were nervous about further irritating or bothering her head/ear area.

Woult id be okay to treat an ear infection normally in SM and PSOM-affected dogs?

Chloe's ears have been smeling a little funky lately. I'll admit, we haven't been as vigilant about cleaning/plucking her ears as we used to be after finding out she has SM and PSOM. We were nervous about further irritating or bothering her head/ear area.

Woult id be okay to treat an ear infection normally in SM and PSOM-affected dogs?

I think it would be okay to flush the ear and swab it once a day. The only problem would be Chloe shaking her head afterwards, so make sure it is dry when you are through.

Back