Thread: Pet Insurance

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Pet Insurance

Has anyone else noticed the significant difference as to cost when looking at renewal of Dog Insurance.

Some of the well known, appear to charge quite excessive amounts for 'Premier' cover, whilst others remain at a more sensible cost.

I do like to ensure Kirra has full cover and will pay the cost, as they deserve the best.

I still find M&S offer one of the best for cover and therefore decided to go with them again.

Post Thanks / Like

I am with M&S with Ebony. I must say they are the most expensive but I canít fault there service. I just been to the cardiologist and they paid him direct. Yesterday Ebony had a big operation on her leg and M&S were very helpful arranging pre authorisation to pay the vet direct again. I was very glad as when I picked up Ebony from her surgery the bill would have been £1,500.
    The difference in price is huge. With M&S I pay £29.99 and the same policy with AXA for my other two is £12.99. I am stuck with M&S because of Ebonyís heart condition
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, Rubes is with pdsa & i just got her renewal its up to £52 per month,with £75 excess now plus another 20% of the cost of treatment as she's over 6yo. We cant change it either due to all her illnesses. Jels is with axa approx £12 a month
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

AXA seems to be the cheapest at around 12-14 a month though Rosie's might go up a bit after her MRI scan in Nov at a cost of £2000 and of course they are an insurance company .

PS And most important £7000 a year ongoing renewable cover for life.
    Last edited by Brian M; 30th March 2011 at 03:00 PM.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

I have argos for Mimi and that is little under £11 a month but we havnt had to experience any claims yet so i am not sure what they are like all i know is thats who my nan is with for her dogs so i am presuming they are good. I was looking for something that other people have had good reviews from but we dont have a renewal until september.
    Your baby is still your baby no matter what species