• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pet Insurance

islewriter

Has anyone else noticed the significant difference as to cost when looking at renewal of Dog Insurance.

Some of the well known, appear to charge quite excessive amounts for 'Premier' cover, whilst others remain at a more sensible cost.

I do like to ensure Kirra has full cover and will pay the cost, as they deserve the best.

I still find M&S offer one of the best for cover and therefore decided to go with them again.

I am with M&S with Ebony. I must say they are the most expensive but I can’t fault there service. I just been to the cardiologist and they paid him direct. Yesterday Ebony had a big operation on her leg and M&S were very helpful arranging pre authorisation to pay the vet direct again. I was very glad as when I picked up Ebony from her surgery the bill would have been £1,500.
The difference in price is huge. With M&S I pay £29.99 and the same policy with AXA for my other two is £12.99. I am stuck with M&S because of Ebony’s heart condition

I agree, Rubes is with pdsa & i just got her renewal its up to £52 per month,with £75 excess now plus another 20% of the cost of treatment as she's over 6yo. We cant change it either due to all her illnesses. Jels is with axa approx £12 a month

Hi

AXA seems to be the cheapest at around 12-14 a month though Rosie's might go up a bit after her MRI scan in Nov at a cost of £2000 and of course they are an insurance company .

PS And most important £7000 a year ongoing renewable cover for life.

Last edited:
I have argos for Mimi and that is little under £11 a month but we havnt had to experience any claims yet so i am not sure what they are like all i know is thats who my nan is with for her dogs so i am presuming they are good. I was looking for something that other people have had good reviews from but we dont have a renewal until september.

Back