• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Medication not working for Maggie

So glad that the surgery went well! You're such a good mom to stay with her through all this and now you can breath :eek:. I'll be praying for her speedy recovery. Keep us posted when you get a chance.

Fantastic news that she came through the surgery so well. Can't wait till you get her home and you keep us updated on her speedy recovery to hopefully a painfree life.

Just an update: Maggie is still doing very well and is handling being weaned off the pain meds well. She has made several friends there and the vet students pet her and love on her every chance they get. She gets to come home tomorrow morning. :)

Maggie's Home !

Maggie's finally back home after the surgery in Auburn. She is doing so well ! She's curled up beside me as I'm writing this. We have to keep her relatively still for a couple of weeks, which has already proven difficult as she wants to play with Jackson & Roxie. The Auburn University Small Animal Hospital was just awesome. Dr. Sorjonen and the staff there were so wonderful and we are very optimistic that Maggie will have a great outcome from the surgery. Thank you so much to everyone for your well wishes and kind words. It means alot.

Fantastic news that Maggie is home :jmp::jmp:

Remember to keep her quiet, I know it's very difficult - do you have an x-pen or similiar where you can contain her?

Oh, yay!! Keep lots of crates around the house so that she can be where the action is and see Jackson and Roxie, but still be kept quiet. Riley's neurologist also said only 5 minute leash walks for elimination 4 times a day. And remember, even if she's curled up on your lap and seems to be content, if Jackson and Roxie take off after sometihing, she's likely to want to join in the fun once she starts feeling better.

So, glad she's home though. It feels so much much better to have them home where you can see how they're doing and you can take care of them. She must love it too. Lots of hugs and kisses!!

Great news, and fingers rossed now as she recovers. :flwr: Lots here have been through this and can offer help and advice.

Back