• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What size Kong do you use?

BrooklynMom

Right now Booklyn has the small ones (one pink puppy one and one small regular one). Is this the right size? It is hard to get her interested, she is NOT food motivated...unlike her mom, ha!!

But I got Rupert's Fund cook book and want to try some great recipes in there that hopefully will make her Kong happy ;)

I just have two of the puppy size (those pink ones), and frankly, Claires tongue is so small she can get that thing way up inside with no issues.

There is also one that is long like a pipe with ridges on it and has a hole in both ends, they have it in pink as it's a puppy one too (I've noticed the mention of vacuum force of keeping a tongue inside). I have to go look at Claires kongs to see if they have a small hole in the other end. If not, I will use a nail to put one in. But, her tongue is smaller than the hole. But, one can never be safe enough.

You can get those kong treats to fit inside. I have tried them and have it half in and half out it doesn't last very long tho. I used to make cup cakes with their kibble and a little stock then freeze them, when they were puppies they enjoyed that and it's something different.

Jack loves his blue puppy Kong ( I thnk its the medium size puppy one) I put peanut butter in it and some low cal treats. He loves loves his kong, brings it over to me when he is done, drops it in my lap and barks if I don't throw it right away.
Love my boy, he makes me smile:p

Kong Toys

My dog, Churchill didn't show much interest in his Kong toy until I got on dogaware, I think and found different kong treats. I guess the point is to make them work for their food. Since then, I have been trying different things. Churchill loves peanut butter and just regular milk bones, so usually I crumb up the milk bones into tiny pieces and fill it in with the peanut butter and then freeze the kong. Every morning after his breakfast he is totally entertained for about an hour. I have been mixing it up with melted cheese along with the milk bones, (only microwave for a short time and then freeze) he loves that and also cottage cheese with milk b ones. I have found the smaller the kibble or milk bones the more he enjoys it, otherwise he gets frustrated because he can't get to it. Sometimes after he has been after it for a while, he will drop in at my feet letting me know "mom, please help me get the treat" so I usually do. But I try to make him do it himself. good luck Cavaliers are the best.

Hi, I use the pink puppy kong at the moment but she is only 15 weeks old! My puppy is not really food motivated either the only thing that wokrs is cheese so I put the tiniest bits of cheese in mine with some of her usual food.

Back