• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The CAV advice

Tasador

Hi I will repeat my question in the right Thead

What length should the leash be ? I'm looking for a leather leash of 4 feet is it OK ?

Should we use Collar or Harness ?

Thanks...

I prefer a harness, the kind that the pet steps into. Of course, it's hard when they are pups because the size can change so much as they grow.

Is that your puppy in the picture? How old is your puppy now?

Hi and welcome. Harnesses are much better than a collar for this breed–and a 4 foot lead is fine–leather or any kind of a soft lead, and never a chain lead. you do not want a really long lead for a small puppy. Extensa leads can be really dangerous for walking on city streets as they easily can become unlocked and the dog can then run out into traffic, and they also pop out of your hand surprisingly easily. :eek: So many people have had close calls with these leads. They are great for walks in the park or on the beach to give a dog more room to run around, but definitely not for city walking or anywhere near traffic. (y)

For great advice on training and caring for your puppy, I strongly recommend downloading this FREE book from internationally known trainer Dr. Ian Dunbar:

http://www.dogstardaily.com/training/dog-star-daily-declares-january-shelter-dog-prevention-month

it will answer a lot of your basic questions and also set you well on your way to properly training and caring for your new puppy. :)

Back