• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

ruby is in for tooth op ..

Rubysmum

hiya well shes done and dusted and recovering well and i pick her up around 2oclock yayy . my 15 yr old cat went in too for blood tests which show shes in renal failure .she been put on special renal diet but for the moment is comfortable so fingers crossed she continues so. my dog ruby has been licking her lips repeatedly which i was anxious about. i thought it could be the baby tooth causing her discomfort .the vet just told me that she has found she has enlarged tonsils which is almost certainly causing her to do this. she is going to try antiinflammatories to try and shrink them as well as antibiotics . she said only as a last resort they would remove the tonsils :shock: gosh its one thing after another . any body had this with their dogs ? in a way im glad to have found out as i hate her doing this ,she normally does it at nigh tand i feel so helpless to make her comfortable . sorry to ramble its a bit of a funny old day !!

So sorry to hear that Ruby's problems are continuing, but glad the tooth removal is over and you can spoile her back at home again.

Good luck - we'll all be thinking of you :xfngr:

Awww poor Ruby hope she feels better. I used to hate my last dog Sam going in for dentals he used to be so grogy when I picked him up. That's why I feed these two bones so hopefully they won't need them. Wasn't that tooth supposed to fall out by its self?

thank you wagtails :)shes getting well spoilt .. deb she is 18 months now so it looked like it was stuck fast .. glad its done now ,shes back to normal - except she tried to grasp the ball to take on our morning walk and couldnt , had to content herself with nosing it around bless her x just need to sort the pesky tonsils out now ,it does explain a lot though , shes been swallowing and licking her lips a lot recently .

Back