• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Best harness for dogs with SM?

I like the step-in harnesses by Up Country (www.upcountryinc.com). They don't come anywhere near the neck area, are pretty easy to put on, and all of my dogs seem comfortable in them. I have one with SM, one with CM and one who had cervical decompression surgery - so all of mine except for one need to wear harnesses.

Everytime try new harness its a bust and a waste so I keep going back to one that I don't think is working. I need one that will also work with a puller. Does this one?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Thank you for posting this link!

My brother's English Cocker puppy will be ready to come home mid-may and my mother and I have been looking for "manly" collars! The fishing and hunting ones are perfect! Thanks! :p

I like the front clip "easy walk" harness, it also helps with keeping Jack from pulling and at my side. Only problem is if your dog jumps up a lot it can slip off so if that is the case the "puppyia" harness is a good comfy, and cute choice.

I use the "easy walk" harness too, but instead putting the rings on the front like it's supposed to, I rotate it to the top so the leash won't touch the neck area.

Gemma maybe I am putting it on wrong but Jack's Easy Walk harness goes no where near his neck :confused:! It pulls on his chest when he pulls me but not his neck. He also pulls less because of the front hook.

lovecavaliers
Gemma maybe I am putting it on wrong but Jack's Easy Walk harness goes no where near his neck :confused:! It pulls on his chest when he pulls me but not his neck. He also pulls less because of the front hook.​
You're right the harness doesn't come near the neck. Sorry I might wrote it wrong. For Corey he likes to walk in front of us (he doesn't pull though) and since the hook is on the front, the leash touches his neck area, it's hard to explain :eek:. But i notice when we rotate the hook to the the back he scratches less often.

Back