• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dry Eye

anders

Hello, is there anyone who knows anything about the diseases: Dry Eye /Curly Coated Syndrome.
I've heard that you can have your dog tested with a DNA test?

Hello, is there anyone who knows anything about the diseases: Dry Eye /Curly Coated Syndrome.
I've heard that you can have your dog tested with a DNA test?

I have a little bitch who is severely affected with CC/DE. Do you have one also? Is there something that you would like to know about diagnosis or treatment?

A new test to identify the dogs and bitches carrying the gene for the condition is being formally introduced next Monday, the 18th April by the AHT in Newmarket, which is here in England. Breeders will be able to submit special mouth swabs to the laboratory where they will check the DNA for carriers.

They say it will be acceptable to mate a carrier with one who is not.

I think the introductory price for analysis of the swabs is to be £48. If there are sufficient numbers of swabs submitted for testing it is hoped to maintain that price.

Few advances in research make me happier than the thought that this horrible condition may be eliminated.:xfngr:

Here in Denmark are only just become aware of the diseases. I have 2 boys who will soon be in production, so I want to be sure that they do not carry the diseases

Here in Denmark are only just become aware of the diseases. I have 2 boys who will soon be in production, so I want to be sure that they do not carry the diseases

If you go onto the Animal Health Trust Website I think you will find the charge for the swabs, analysis and laboratory report is lower than for us in the UK, because we have to pay V.A.T. and others do not. You will find full details there from Monday on how to get the testing done.

I am so glad that people in Denmark are finding out about the disease. Until I got Holly two years ago and found out she had it, it was a name I had heard of but knew nothing about.

I wish you every success with your plans for future matings.:D

If you go onto the Animal Health Trust Website I think you will find the charge for the swabs, analysis and laboratory report is lower than for us in the UK, because we have to pay V.A.T. and others do not. You will find full details there from Monday on how to get the testing done.

I am so glad that people in Denmark are finding out about the disease. Until I got Holly two years ago and found out she had it, it was a name I had heard of but knew nothing about.

I wish you every success with your plans for healthy future matings.:D

Thanks for your response, CKCS club here talking about it to be part of a breeding permit for next year

Back