• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fufu - 1st anniversary

Nicki

Today is the first anniversary of Fufu's passing - such a tragic week for us this time last year, losing Teddy and Fufu so close together :(:(

Fufu was "only" a foster but was so much part of our family, here for 2 years, she was a retired show/breeding dog. She was very ill with HGE just before a visit here - she was so frail that a gust of wind would have knocked her over :(. Her owner was hoping for puppies and had mated a bitch, so we asked would she like us to foster Fufu as we knew that it would be difficult to manage Fufu's medication and care with the demands of a litter.

I was worried about taking Fufu on, really thought we'd be lucky to have her more than a few weeks, but she blossomed here, fell in love with Trevor - my husband - I was just the housekeeper! Fufu loved the garden - she had a wonderful holiday on Skye with us too. She was amazing, ran the whole household - us included! She was ill on and off with Pancreatitis and MVD, but bounced back - until the last episode where we could see such a difference.

Her legacy lives on in her GreatGrandchildren here :D

Fufu loved the snow

large.jpg

She used to roll in it but claimed that it had been snowing but only on one side of her coat :luv:

original.jpg

This is our favourite photo - she looks so regal :luv:

original.jpg

Very sadly missed, she had a great presence and was the most wonderful character :flwr:

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 5
  • medium.jpg
    medium.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 3
So sorry you've two anniversaries in such a short space of time Nicki. :hug:
Although you only fostered her for such a short time there's something about Cavaliers that leave such a big pawprint on your heart:luv:

Carol, Paul Elise and Kaley

She was adorable. I am glad she was able to have a good life with you all for those couple years. And sorry for your continuing heartache!

Cindy and Claire

Thinking of you Nicki at what must be a very sad time, Fufu was beautiful and sounds such a character, the last photo of her looking regal is just beautiful.:hug:

Thinking of you Nicki, looking at the photos I see Ben in them all especially that last "pretty" photo. He looks so like his mother Fufu and if it was not for his facial mark I would have to look twice at your photos to see that it is not him.
He runs the house so I know now where he takes his bossiness, she would have been a big personality to lose.

Best wishes and much empathy.

Thank you so much everyone - yes Ben is very like his MUm - so glad he has inherited her wonderful personality too :jmp::jmp:

What a gorgeous lady, and a true character. I know how hard that double loss of two very special cavaliers was. I hope the heartache has eased a little so that you can more easily enjoy her memory and her wonderful legacy still barking around you. :flwr:

Back