• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sponsored Walk for Rupert's Fund

Kate H

On Sunday, 15 May there will be a Charity Walkathon in the War Memorial Park in Coventry. A circuit of the park is 1.75 miles, and I am intending to do the walk with my two Cavaliers Oliver and Aled, to raise money for Rupert's Fund, which funds MRI scans for older Cavaliers who have not been diagnosed with SM. The results of these scans are providing valuable and exciting information for the researchers working on the genetic basis of SM. I would love other Cavaliers and their owners to join me on the walk, so that we can enter a team. The entry fee is £5 per person (which covers costs and a donation to the organisers' chosen charity, the British Heart Foundation); everything we raise in sponsorship will go to Rupert's Fund. If you would like to join us on the walk, please email me with your name and address and put the £5 entry fee into my PayPal account ([email protected]) and I will add your name to the entry form and send you a sponsorship form; if you need more information, email me or phone me on 024 7659 3694. If you aren't able to walk but would like to support Rupert's Fund in this way, I hope you will sponsor the walkers.

Kate, Oliver and Aled​

Will be in Thetford again on that date, Kate, but will be happy to sponsor you and any other team members you get together. Will Paypal you a donation (y)

Can I be a virtual walker and join your team? Do you actually have to walk to get people to sponser you? That sounds like a dumb question but even if I lived near there, she can't actually walk very far so I was going to look like an idiot pushing her in a stroller. Can you PM me information and maybe I can ask people on facebook if you want. I will definately sponser you either way

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Congratulations Kate what a wonderful thing to do :jmp::jmp::jmp: thank you so much from us all :D

Paws crossed from here :xfngr: and we will of course sponsor you - how do you want us to do that please? Sorry bit out of it today

Hi kate

Well done to you .I will pay my £5.00 entry fee but dont enter me and I will sponsor you as well .Are you doing the one circuit or as many as you can .:)And I will ask Poppy ,Daisy ,Rosie and Lily if they will sponsor Oliver and Aled .:dogwlk::dogwlk:

Hey Kate,

Ella and I just sent you something. I also shared link to Facebook. Hopefully others will join

Just to clarify:

If you and your Cavalier would like to join me in doing the actual walk, you need to pay a £5 entry fee, which goes to the organisers (Rotary and Lions); you can pay this into my PayPal account ([email protected]), and I will add your name to the entry form and send in all the entry fees together. You then get a sponsorship form and twist arms among your own friends and acquaintances to raise money! We have to get the sponsorship money paid in by September and then the organisers will send a cheque to Ruperts Fund (this makes sure the sponsorship money actually gets paid to the charity!). If you need more information, pm me here, or email me.

If you can't actually walk, sponsorship will be very welcome. If you want to sponsor me, just pay your money into my PayPal account and I'll add your name to my sponsorship form. If you want to send a cheque (made out to me, not Rupert's Fund), pm me and I'll send you my address. If you want to sponsor anyone else who decides to join me on the walk, you need to sort out payment with them.

Hope that's clear. Aled, Oliver and I walk regularly in the War Memorial Park (which is a lovely park full of beautiful trees planted in memory of people killed in World War 2, either on active service or in the bombing of Coventry), so it's nice to be able to raise money by doing one of our favourite walks!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Thank you for clarifying it Kate - Tommy, Kayleigh and Lauren have sent sponsorship for Oliver and Aled, and I have sent some for you :D

I've been meaning to create the event on Facebook. I'm so sorry :( time has just gone by so fast. Can any of our facebook new friends do it? I can share it with mine cavalier fb buddies. I don't have access to internet except on phone so I can't copy the details.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Back