Thread: Holly's Coat

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Holly's Coat

Just wondered what anyone thinks of Holly's coat? It is so different to Jasper's and almost looks like she has a top coat on. It is very fine and easily knots when they are mouthing each other when playing. Jasper's is so easy to maintain.

Deb

Post Thanks / Like

Well, I certainly can't speak from experience as Claire is my first. But, she is a Ruby, and has very fine hair (I call it baby hair), and if I don't comb out her ears (especially the ears) every other day, I am then cutting out knots. So, I comb with a metal comb so I don't have to cut out knots.

Also, we noticed, that Claire had a light stripe when we got her at 10 wks on her forehead, but it disappeared by the time she was about 6 months. It turned caramel and stood up like mohawk, then just went red like the rest of her. Lately it's started to show back up again, kind of caramel colored. I have no idea what is going on.

Maybe a lot of Ruby's are like this, having a different quality of hair. Claire's is beautiful, but not what I would call thick.

Cindy and Claire

Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to say Holly is beautiful
    Irene-
    Jack and Penny's Mom, NYC

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Cindy and yes it is like baby hair maybe it is Ruby's.
    Thanks Irene I think so too! LOL
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like

Awww even if it tangles easily, Holly has a GORGEOUS coat, I hope Coco's looks like that when she is full grown To be honest, I have always preferred the look of Cavaliers with less hair on the top and feathers all below.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks Alisha,
    I can't wait to see Coco when she has a full coat. I reckon she will look stunning.
    Deb