• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Holly's Coat

Jasper and Holly

Just wondered what anyone thinks of Holly's coat? It is so different to Jasper's and almost looks like she has a top coat on. It is very fine and easily knots when they are mouthing each other when playing. Jasper's is so easy to maintain.
P1000155.jpg

DSC_0591-1.jpg

Well, I certainly can't speak from experience as Claire is my first. But, she is a Ruby, and has very fine hair (I call it baby hair), and if I don't comb out her ears (especially the ears) every other day, I am then cutting out knots. So, I comb with a metal comb so I don't have to cut out knots.

Also, we noticed, that Claire had a light stripe when we got her at 10 wks on her forehead, but it disappeared by the time she was about 6 months. It turned caramel and stood up like mohawk, then just went red like the rest of her. Lately it's started to show back up again, kind of caramel colored. I have no idea what is going on.

Maybe a lot of Ruby's are like this, having a different quality of hair. Claire's is beautiful, but not what I would call thick.

Cindy and Claire

Awww even if it tangles easily, Holly has a GORGEOUS coat, I hope Coco's looks like that when she is full grown :) To be honest, I have always preferred the look of Cavaliers with less hair on the top and feathers all below.

Cavaliers tend to have different types of coats, even in the same litter, some will be coarser and some finer.

Black hair tends to be thicker - and grows the longest ears :)

My ruby had a very fine coat too.

Neutering/spaying can change the coat too.

If it is very fine you might want to try using a conditioner or grooming spray?

Cavaliers tend to have different types of coats, even in the same litter, some will be coarser and some finer.

Black hair tends to be thicker - and grows the longest ears :)

My ruby had a very fine coat too.

Neutering/spaying can change the coat too.

If it is very fine you might want to try using a conditioner or grooming spray?

Her brother's coat is totally different it's deep red and not fine at all. He is also on a raw diet too. Maybe I will try conditioner or spray see if it makes a difference. I will put a photo up when I find it. Thanks Nicki.

Heh Deb.....let me try taking some with my phone. My desktop is having major issues.....so I'll try to take some new ones this week and see if I can get them to download from my phone rather than my computer.

Cindy and Claire

Back