• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rose is back in surgery

Furrfoot

Rose was having a discharge similar to a heat discharge, so I took her to the vet this morning, and she has a granuloma that needs removed (apparently it's not terribly uncommon for one to develop after a spay?). She's back in surgery this afternoon, and will probably come home on antibiotics for a while :( . If you could say a little prayer that this will fix her up, we'd appreciate it. *sigh* I'm trying not to worry...

So sorry to hear that.
Is she in surgery at the moment?
I'm sure you're looking forward to getting her back home so you can put this all behind you.
Sins

Hi

I bet when ou read this she will almost hom with ou as perfect as before the problems
started .:)

I am so sorry to hear that. I will be sending all my prayers and at least she has a mom as wonderful as you to take care of her.
Good luck and let us know how it goes...we'll be thinking of you Rose! :hug:

Thank you :l*v:. She's home, but she was not a happy camper. Even my favorite receptionist lady told the tech who went back to get Rose that she was the Cavalier, she was in with the cats (I had to kinda laugh at that one), and she's pitiful. However, after about 3 hours of pitiful at home, she has gone potty (yay), eaten some "gruel" (canned puppy chicken, oatmeal and rice sensitive stomach mixed with water) and is looking much better and is wanting to be where we are instead of her crate :) .

She's on 2 antibiotics, and she has pain meds. Back tomorrow for a recheck, and again in a week. The vet thinks (and is hoping) that it was "just" an allergic reaction to the sutures, and changed out all but 2 of them, and put it all over her chart not to use that kind.

The one highlight of the vet trip, we met a lovely black and tan Cav who was there for a bath and her mom :) .

I'm so glad you have her back home.Interesting about the sutures though.
Get well soon Rose.
Sins

Glad to hear that she is home and doing better!

Thats great that you met another Cavalier owner! I always get really excited when I see another cav owner! lol :jump:

Hope she gets better soon. I am the same when meeting other Cavs and I'm sure they know their own breed because they go crazy too!

Hugs to Rose and to you!!

Poor wee thing has had a tough time. Did not know allergies to sutures evev existed!! hope she is soon back to her normal frisky self:lotsaluv:

Awww, poor baby! I've never heard of this! What did it mean, I mean, what did they remove?

Hope she heals very, very fast. Praying she is her old self in a couple days. (Are you supposed to keep her 'inactive'?)

Hugs,

Cindy and Claire

The vet explained it as an immune response, that the granuloma formed around the suture on her "uterine stump". From what I understand, it's kinda like a cyst. She did say that it hadn't tethered to her bladder or anything else, and that that was good. She did have to open her up a bit more than she did for her spay, and she washed her out since she had some signs of infection.

But, she is almost back to normal today :) , she's recovering from this a lot faster than her spay (and a friend of mine who's lab lab/mix had the same thing happens said she would), so that is good and bad, lol. I don't know how I'm going to restrict her activity for a week, I think she could run laps in her crate if she got bored enough :p . We have new Moozles and a few new toys I hid away, so she's gonna have to find something to do out of my stash for the next 5-7 days! ;)

Found this: "
stump granuloma,
which is focal inflammation of remnant uterine tissue, often caused by a reaction
to suture material and which may or may not have bacterial infection at the
same time."

From: http://www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/vmth/small_animal/reproduction/pdfs/cestumppyogranu-1.pdf

Last edited:
Wow I never knew of this. Thanks for the education! Well, it will be fun trying to keep her quiet.......that is truly the hardest thing.

But, glad she is home and doing better.

So glad she keeps getting better!! YAY!

It is amazing to me how much Gracie looks like Ruby from the front. They probably are not closely related but they sure do look similar in terms of face shape, spacing of eyes, etc. I hope Ruby enjoys her special new toys to help keep her occupied.

Who knows, maybe they are? We'll have to compare pedigrees one day and see if they've got some common grandparents in there or somthing ;) .

Poor baby urped her meds this morning, we are going to try spacing them out and see how it goes tomorrow. She did keep down tonight's antibiotic and her dinner, so that's good progress. Maybe she just missed her mom (haha ;) ). I doubt that's it, I was gone to my first dog show and a horse show, and she had Daddy alllll to herself for the majority of the day. I know she was hating that :rolleyes: .

Back