Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sam's Ashes

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Sam's Ashes

I just wanted to see what people think I should do.
    When I lost my last Cav Sam 2 years ago I always said I would take his ashes and scatter them on the beach we always went on holidays. He loved it there. But I could never bring myself to take him down with us and set him free. I even found it hard to even go back there for a good while after we lost him as I found it too upsetting. Anyway we are going down again this weekend and my husband thinks we should take him and set him free. I just wondered what you guy's think?
    Here he is loving it.
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like

I think it's a really good idea when you'll come to the beach you will remember all the wonderful hours you've had together.
    Set him free

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by anders View Post

I think it's a really good idea when you'll come to the beach you will remember all the wonderful hours you've had together.
    Set him free

I agree, when you have set him free, you can think of him being happy in the place he loved to play.
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

Follow your heart. Somewhere in there (some might call it your gut, your intuition...I call it inner wisdom), somewhere in your inner wisdom you know what you want to do. That is not to say it won't be hard, some of the most joyful moments can also be really heavy, but if you follow your heart you will smile at the outcome.

Do what's right for you...and Sam. You could also pretend like you were just having a conversation with him (or if you feel funny talking out loud, write it down)...What would he tell you to do? What would you tell him? Why would you tell him it has been hard to let him go the past few years? How would he comfort you? Sometimes that can help a lot. You might be amazed at what he has to tell you

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like

You have to do what you think best. But if you do scatter him on the beach what a lovely way to spend the day in future to sit there close your eyes and imagine him running across the sand
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

You will know when it is time follow your heart and the answers will come
    ---Aileen
    cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky & Sam & Jake
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference. Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynMom View Post
    Follow your heart. Somewhere in there (some might call it your gut, your intuition...I call it inner wisdom), somewhere in your inner wisdom you know what you want to do. That is not to say it won't be hard, some of the most joyful moments can also be really heavy, but if you follow your heart you will smile at the outcome.

Do what's right for you...and Sam. You could also pretend like you were just having a conversation with him (or if you feel funny talking out loud, write it down)...What would he tell you to do? What would you tell him? Why would you tell him it has been hard to let him go the past few years? How would he comfort you? Sometimes that can help a lot. You might be amazed at what he has to tell you

Good luck!
    Very touching post Brooklyn's mom!
    Mom of Blondie aka The Monster, my furry daughter and loyal friend!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't feel ready then don't rush it. You'll know what do someday and if it means setting him free or keeping him close then only you will know. Personally if it was me I'd find it difficult to scatter the ashes, but thats just me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I do not mean to be negative, but where I am it's illegal to scatter ashes in most places, your laws may be different. You may want to check in advance if you aren't sure.

Whatever you choose to do, don't rush. You should be at peace with your decision before starting. I have my border collie's collar and one day I'll take his tags off and donate it to a shelter, but I haven't been able to do it yet, and it's been 2 years.

Post Thanks / Like

That would be a hard decision. ON one hand you'd like to keep him with you, on the other, what a lovely place for you to leave him.

But, remember this.......Sam is forever with you, because you hold him in your heart. So, no matter what you decide, he is with you. He'll never leave because you hold all those wonderful memories in a special place just for him in your heart.
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010