Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sam's Ashes

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks everyone for posting. I have decided to leave him at home as I'm still not ready to let him go yet. I do really appreciate your comments. I will let you know when I decide the time is right.
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like

I know how you feel.... When my previous dogs passed (a Lab mix and a Staffie mix) I knew exactly where to scatter their ashes and felt right doing it. With Jade it has been different. I can't let her go and am keeping her ashes for now and maybe for ever. It is different for each of us and I think for each precious dog we lose.
    Kathleen
    Thomas (tri-colour) & Jade (blenheim) waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynMom View Post
    Follow your heart. Somewhere in there (some might call it your gut, your intuition...I call it inner wisdom), somewhere in your inner wisdom you know what you want to do. That is not to say it won't be hard, some of the most joyful moments can also be really heavy, but if you follow your heart you will smile at the outcome.

Do what's right for you...and Sam. You could also pretend like you were just having a conversation with him (or if you feel funny talking out loud, write it down)...What would he tell you to do? What would you tell him? Why would you tell him it has been hard to let him go the past few years? How would he comfort you? Sometimes that can help a lot. You might be amazed at what he has to tell you

Good luck!
    Very touching post Brooklyn's mom!
    Mom of Blondie aka The Monster, my furry daughter and loyal friend!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

If you don't feel ready then don't rush it. You'll know what do someday and if it means setting him free or keeping him close then only you will know. Personally if it was me I'd find it difficult to scatter the ashes, but thats just me.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, I was reading a while back how ashes can be turned into a glass ornament or piece of jewelry. Here is a link to the site: http://www.ashesintoglass.co.uk/?gcl...FYEc4QodZySPqA

It's a little bit unusual and a little bit pricey, but a lovely and sentimental way to keep a loved one close to you.
    Whatever you do, good luck and his memory will live on in your hearts no matter what!
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thanks for that link Desrae I will have a look at it.
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like

How about bringing some of his ashes to the beach and keeping some in a keepsake box in a special place in your home?

If Sasha or Chamberlain should pass on while my husband is still in the service than we will have them cremated to bring with us until we move home and can bury them under a tree with a memorial bench and a marker. I do not think I could sprinkle them on a beach or out to sea. I like having a marker or memorial to see, feel, and talk to.
    Mommy to....

Chamberlain (10 month Male Blenheim Cavalier)
    Sasha (6 year old Female Great Pyrennes)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow your heart. There is no right time or right way to do these things.

I scatter the ashes of my cavaliers on the beach where we have a holiday home.
    I took William's ashes with me when I went up last week and have returned home again with them. I was not ready for that last act of letting go

He will join his Sire, his grandmother, his great grandfather, his half brothers, his nephew and many other much loved cavaliers ( and one little japanese chin ) who in my mind's eye play on the beach together, but it will be at a time that feels right for me.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think like most of you have said I will know when the time is right. I got myself all upset going down last week just thinking about it. So I guess I'm not ready yet. Thanks everyone for your thoughts.
    Deb