• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Question about AKC reg

eg93

Just curious if you guys would share your dogs registered AKC names. Did most of you give your dogs call names like show dogs or just a regular name? I just registered my pup and gave her the name Rosehill (the name of her kennel) Piper (her new name) Santana (the breeder's nickname for her - she wanted to call her Supernatural something or other, she was a show hopeful). Now after registering her I think that her name might look a little strange. Thanks!

I registered mine as sofia loren her breeder did all movie star names so I said I would too. the breeder didn't care one way or the other. in fact we call her maile and never ever refer to her as sofia. she is spayed so it matters not in that area. in fact I think the next cav I get I will save my self the money and not register it at all, as we don't show or breed, unless someone can give me a good reason to do so.

A lot of breeders would register litters themselves though some allow buyers to register the pup under a chosen name. Over here (UK and Ireland) they are generally already all registered. I have never used the registered name for anything except for record-keeping for researchers, who use the registered name and number for managing information on MRI scans/heart auscultations. The rescue dogs are not registered.

No registered name can look any more bizarre than the registered names you read every day used in dog shows. :lol: They are as weird as names of racehorses and often, weirder.

They are VERY strange! I think I was a little concerned that perhaps her registered name was too normal! Hahahahaha.

Back