• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ruby Update!

jessie22

Hello friends,

Just wanted to update you on my little Ruby.
She's doing pretty well. Yesterday she started her Prednisone and so far so good. :) She seemed like her old self even more. I think she's adjusting to the medicine pretty well. She is a bit more sleepy, but I've read it may take a little while for her to fully adjust to it all.
I want to share with you 2 pictures I've taken this week. One is her playing fetch outside, (she's got her eye on the ball!) and the second is her just relaxing in "her chair". (I gave up saying "no" to that face...)
Thanks for all your help and support, I hope you like the pictures. :)

Jessie and Ruby

Easter egg fun 2011 by jessicaslatt, on Flickr

Ruby chillin' 2011 by jessicaslatt, on Flickr

who could not love those pictures???

She is a beautiful girl!! So happy the medication is starting to settle in and help her have fun with her ball and lounging in her chair.

What a happy and gorgeous girl you have. Ruby and Coco should have a play date some time :)

So glad she's doing well. Hopefully you'll be able to wean her off of the prednisone or at least cut the dosage back some once she's stabilised a bit. She sure does look comfy in that chair!!

Happy to hear that she is getting balanced out with meds and everything. This has to be a hard adjustment to the both of you. But she sure does look pretty happy in that chair of hers!

So glad things are going well. She is adorable. My Scarlett, with SM, also rests her head on the arms of chairs- much more so than my other 2 Cavaliers. I have noticed that dogs with SM tend to keep their heads up like that-- I bet it feels better for them. I buy the crate pads with the bolsters around the edges so that way she has a place to rest her head.

Back