Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Started a lovely routine with Gracie...inspired by Annie & Ella

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Started a lovely routine with Gracie...inspired by Annie & Ella

Anniemac and Ella inspired me to remember to do something every day with each of my loved ones so that we are truly in the moment together. So, with the warmer weather here, just before sunset I take my wee Gracie out on our front porch stoop with me and she sits beside me or in my lap and we just take in the beauty of that time of day. It is a serene time and I can just watch her beautiful face. However...if a cat comes along... uh oh! Have the leash on just in case!

Gracie enjoys the birds making their last frantic preparations before nightfall... chirping away. We can start to hear frogs and crickets sometimes. Pretty soon the fireflies will be out....maybe in two weeks. We see other people taking their doggies out on last walks of the day or getting in a jog after dinner.

Just sharing this because it has become such a lovely tradition. I look forward to this every day. Even when it is rainy, I can put a chair out on the porch under the roofed area and sit a bit further back. Gracie loves the rain.... as long as she is not in it!!!!

You may have something like this you do with your Cavvies. Would love to hear what you do. If not, I highly encourage it. Peaceful ending to every day.
    Last edited by GraciesMom; 30th April 2011 at 12:49 PM. Reason: new info

Post Thanks / Like

Your routine is so sweet, we have something a little bit similar, i work monday to thursday evenings and i dont get home until just after 10 pm so mimi has been at home with my dad so when i get in we go and sit in the garden if its not raining or on the stairs if it is and just have some 'ruffle time' before having a snack. This is after she has done her butt wiggle when she realises i am back.
    Your baby is still your baby no matter what species

Post Thanks / Like

When Sydney was a puppy, I would give Sydney a treat at bedtime to help with his crate training. Now, 11 years later, he no longer sleeps in a crate, but still gets a treat. Then I get on his bed with him and we snuggle. I tell him how much I love him and he gives me sloppy wet kisses!
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Bentley still loves to sit on my lap when I use the hair dryer & curling iron. He will sometimes decide not to take other opportunities but the dressing room/hair dryer routine is a must for him! As soon as he hears the stuff coming out of the drawer he comes in, sits on his cute little behind, looking expectantly happy. He can't jump up to my lap but lets me pick him up and he turns his face and gazes at me as if I'm the loveliest woman on earth. I'm 69 so that's definitely in the eye of the beholder! Eventually he snuggles down with his nose under my arm and goes to sleep as I sing lullabies to him. It takes me waaayy longer to do my hair than it should, but it's worth it!

Post Thanks / Like

Default awwwww.... these are all so cute!

Gracie is still not real sure about the hair dryer! She stopped barking at it but is not getting close to it yet. Thinks I may aim it at her again... she does NOT like being dried with it.

These are all wonderful ideas..... keep them coming!

Post Thanks / Like

Hello,

I always try to enjoy every single moment with my girl. She loves taking long car rides, going to the park and sitting on a blanket just looking around.. Every night
    we snuggle on the couch together and watch a movie before bed. She then usually wants to play with her stuffed animal, which is currently "Fluffy" the sheep.
    She has killed Mr. Elephant and Mr. Reindeer too, who are know sitting armless and earless and eyeless on the shelve coz I can't bear to throw them away.
    So then I play tug o was while watching the movie. I love rubbing her belly and kissing her belly and kissing her neck. She loves that. Then I ask "Can I have a kiss please?" and then she gives me kisses when I ask. Oh and I wanted to add: the cavalier hugs are real dear to me too! One paw on each shoulder and the little earnibbles.. I know you all know what I mean...
    Last edited by Blondiemonster; 30th April 2011 at 07:42 PM.
    Mom of Blondie aka The Monster, my furry daughter and loyal friend!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I would always sing "good night ella, good night ella, good night ella, its time to go to sleep."

Enjoy every moment you can. Her eyes would always start to close and the other night at the icu she laid her head on my leg and closed her eyes.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

Since I been at home I appreciate not rushing around in the morning and I think my three appreciated as well. When I wake up Ebony takes her time she just doesnít like getting up. We have to have a big cuddle and a belly rub that lasts for at least 5 minutes. We are lucky our garden backs onto fields, so in spring/summer I just open the French doors and watch the birds in the garden, at the moment we got pheasants running about in the field. Itís just so peaceful. After having a cup of tea and giving them their breakfast Harley always comes for a sloppy kiss like to say thank you for breakfast. Then he cuddles himself into my lap like a baby and falls back to sleep.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Blondiemonster, I'm just like you, I can't bear to throw any of Sydney's old toys away. I have them packed away. They're filled with too many happy memories.
    Joyce - Proudly owned & loved by

BellaMia (Aug. 30, 2012) My Beautiful Ruby Milo (Jan. 20, 2014) My Handsome Tri
    Sydney (
    April 16, 2000~April 4, 2012) Always and Forever In My Heart

Post Thanks / Like

Love this thread! Ever since Holly was a baby, she participated in the bedtime routine with my two human girls. First, she would wait her turn to have her teeth brushed -- we still have Holly's toothbrush and paste in the kids' bathroom where she has her teeth brushed each night. She waits patiently for me to brush the two human sets of teeth, then "smiles" for her turn.

Next, she lays in the big bed with my oldest daughter while I we read a book. Finally, she lays with my youngest daughter until she (my daughter) drifts off to sleep. To this day, my daughter can't go to sleep unless she's stroking Holly's ear. That was the hardest part after Holly's surgery. It was a joyous night when she could join us again on the big girls' beds!