• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi from England!

Rosa

Hi, my name is Rosa. I'm 32 and live in the county of Lancashire, which is in the northwest of England, in the UK.

My first dog, Honey, was a blenheim Cavvy, and I enjoyed growing up with her. Despite having insulin-dependent diabetes, she lived to the ripe old age of almost 12, and she was a great introduction to the world of dogs! Since having Honey, I have also owned a whippet, Daisy, who was a little darling, but who sadly died of sudden-onset renal failure in May 2009. We then got a ruby cavalier puppy called Rollo, but heart-breakingly, he died in a veterinary hospital aged just 10 weeks old, due to hydrocephalus. The vets said that he was never meant to be born, as his brain and skull were so malformed. We only had him a few weeks, but he was a little star, and I miss him. After Rollo died, we got a 10 week old blenheim cavalier puppy called Stanley, and my life has not been the same since!

Stanley and I have a unique and very special bond. I suffer from many illnesses, both physical and mental, and Stanley is incredibly attuned to how I feel. In fact, he is so good with me when I'm ill, his nickname is 'Doctor Stanley M.D.' (Medical Dog!) He has an absolute joy of life and his tail never stops wagging - he can cheer even the saddest of hearts just by looking at you! Stanley is large for the breed - all the dogs from his breeder are - but unfortunately, he's also overweight, so he isn't too impressed that we limit his treats nowadays! Stanley's Dogster page is at http://www.dogster.com/dogs/1008344

Sorry for the long post! :eek:

Hi Rosa and welcome to the forum. Stanley is adorable and sounds like a very special guy. It is amazing how our little dogs can pick up so much from us and how they know to help when it is needed, even if it's just a loving lick on the back of the hand. :wggle:

Hey Rosa,
I am also from England and Lancashire and now live in Australia.
Stanley looks so beautiful, he doesn't look so large, and yes it's so hard not to give them treats especially when they look at you with those eyes saying please mum give me some!

Hello and welcome icon_welcome

Stanley sounds as if he's worth his weight in gold, even if it is a few pounds too much;)

Welcome to you and Stanley.

I'm sorry you have been through much with your pets. I don't know how you've done it.

Stanley is a handsome boy, and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Back