• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ear mites- HELP!!!! advice needed please!

bunny87

hi!
so we took fifi and rex to the vets this morning and she told us that they are both absoloutly fine except fifi has got ear mites-!!! at first i was horrified but the vet assured me that it was common and nothin to worry about and that she may have got them from mum (as still only ten weeks)
the vet has perscribed some lotion for both of them which we have to apply to their backs this evening, (advocate its called!) we are just concerned, as there are two of them, they will both groom eachother afterwards and 'lick' off the treatment-therefore stopping it from working but obviously dont want to keep them apart all nit as they have been together from birth! any ideas?!
thank you!!

also- they had their injections today- do you think they willl still be irritated if we did it tonight- i just want to get rid of them now!!!! so that they don't irritate them any longer!

thanks guys,

:D

Hi,
The advocate is an excellent product and will certainly do the job in killing off the mites.
Don't worry about them grooming each other,it dries in quickly and if you can even keep them apart for a few hours,it should be fine.
Also,invest in a bottle of cleanaural,using Cleanaural once a month will do wonders for keeping the ear canal clean.
Sins

Anybody correct me if I am wrong.
Firstly advocate is what you put on the back of their necks (never seen it as a lotion) and it treats worms, fleas and ear mites. So it will treat the ear mites but my vet always gives eardrops.
Secondly I remember my vet telling me not to give this treatment (I use stronghold) straight after their vaccination, to wait at least 48 hours.

Back