• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I will meet you in my dreams. Heartbroken

Super Princess

I mentiond a few months ago..that we put my precious oliver to sleep on valentines day..from heart desies. He died of a broken heart. And it's left my heart broken.

Ive been thinking of him alot lately.. missing him alot.

Lastnight i had a dream...
I was in my old house..in hte kitchen (we sold the house last summer after 22 years)..standing at the kitchen island..and i heard a framilure scratching on the door. i thought 'it cant be...he's gone..'
but i walked around to the dineing room..to the slideing glass door and there he was. i couldnt bleive it..he was supposed to be gone.
i called for my parents and quickly let him in..soaking in all the puppy dog kisses and hugs..my parents didnt notice anything unusuall..it was normal that he was there for them.
and i remember sitting there with him in my arms..praying and wishing that this was reality..that i wouldnt wake up and him be gone.

but i did...i woke up..and he was gone.
And i have been fighting off the tears all day.
it was so real.. so real . and i miss him.. it hurts so much.

Oh wow. That is a beautiful dream.
You know he actually wanted to comfort you with that dream, not bring tears..
When animal souls or people souls come to us in dreams like that it feels very. very real because it IS! They are just paying a visit, reconnecting with their loved ones.
That was really Oliver that was there for you. YOu are so lucky he came to you!!
I know you miss him but try to see it as a blessing...

Someone else said that to me too..on a local messageboard in the pet section.
the thought crossed my mind this mornign acutally.. that its their way of coming to say theyre still here. I like to belive that. its comforting.

i just want more..hehe. i want the impossible :)
someday..hopefully long time from now..and much life lived.. we will meet again at rainbow bridge..and it will be for good.

Blondiemonster said it perfectly. He was coming to you!
You guys must have had such a beautiful relationship. :) ...You clearly still do!
Wow. Such a blessing!

He was coming to say hello I still here
I'm Still Here

Friend, please don't mourn for me
I'm still here, though you don't see.
I'm right by your side each night and day
and within your heart I long to stay.

My body is gone but I'm always near.
I'm everything you feel, see or hear.
My spirit is free, but I'll never depart
as long as you keep me alive in your heart.

I'll never wander out of your sight-
I'm the brightest star on a summer night.
I'll never be beyond your reach-
I'm the warm moist sand when you're at the beach.

I'm the colorful leaves when fall comes around
and the pure white snow that blankets the ground.
I'm the beautiful flowers of which you're so fond,
The clear cool water in a quiet pond.

I'm the first bright blossom you'll see in the spring,
The first warm raindrop that April will bring.
I'm the first ray of light when the sun starts to shine,
and you'll see that the face in the moon is mine.

When you start thinking there's no one to love you,
you can talk to me through the Lord above you.
I'll whisper my answer through the leaves on the trees,
and you'll feel my presence in the soft summer breeze.

I'm the hot salty tears that flow when you weep
and the beautiful dreams that come while you sleep.
I'm the smile you see on a baby's face.
Just look for me, friend, I'm everyplace
--Aileen

I am sure that Oliver is waiting for you in the green meadows at the rainbow bridge

I believe what Blondiemonster believes, as many people and cultures do, the spirits of our lost loved ones visit us in our dreams. Oliver misses you too and he wanted to comfort you and let you know he is well and happy.
When my husband was young, he lost a beloved springer spaniel and the family was devastated as they loved her so much. But, they believed she came to visit them frequently when they would feel a brush against their legs under the table (where she used to lay) and there were even sightings of her dashing through the kitchen door.
If you are fond of reading, there are some really good books about pets and the afterlife, a good one I read recently is "Angel Dogs" and there's another one, "Cold Noses at the Pearly Gates".
Cherish his memory and cherish that dream, I'm sure he'll come back for a visit when you least expect it. It's been only a few months and it will take a long time for you to heal. I think Oliver is helping you to do that. Take care of yourself :flwr:

I think he is still with you.....I know he is with you forever in your heart.

Do you think he was saying it's time to get another dog? So many need a good home!

I absolutely agree he was here.. last night my 15 year old cat was acting really weird..he was in the window.paceing back and forth quickly and crying. ..like he saw something outside..i figured it was a cat..he gets a little ancy when neighbouring cats come to talk..but when i looked out..nothing was there.
i let him out but didnt see anything.

then later afte ri went to bed...i was looking at my picture on my iphone of my boy (hes my lock screan) and..mind you it coulda been the sleep aids i took (wahha) but i could swear the picture was moving..just lightly..trick of the eye i suppose;) but it reminded me a little of harry potter .... ok. im gonna say it was the sleep adis cause that makes me sound crazy and im not lmao..normaly pictures dont move at all :D

i absoultly 100% wanna get another dog. i wouldl in a second.
but to be honest its been a SHYTE year..so far.
when we adopted oliver we lived in the same house for 22 years...we sold that house last year..and i was forced to move out on my own (way byond time..im 25 now) oliver went to live with my parents in a town house they are renting untill they find that perfect house. he was technicaly their dog..even though it was ME who begged to get him, found the breed and the breeder, took him for walks every night, slept with him every night, took him on adventures to parks and beaches..etc

he lived with them untill he got sick..then he went to live with grandma and grandpa (and i visited every night or every other night) because they had a yard and were home 24/7 to care for him.

the apartment im in atm dosnt let dogs...im aloud 2 cats.
the house grandparents are renting is owned by my parents..but grandpas health is failing and its becoming a bit much for them.. so my parents are gonna buy a house with a really nice suiet and have grandparents move into ther.e..my moms initial idea and one i lived with for 3 months...was i would move into tha thouse cause she didnt really wanna sell it. id rent it from them, start my own home daycare insted of working for someone..meaning i would make twice as much as i am now working at home..with a fensed in back yard...and could bring a dog into my life again.

last month the bank said in order to get the hosue they wanted..they had to sell that one. :(
so many dreams(the house, the dog, the buisness) gone in a flash.
so my moms 'brilliant' advice was apply for a mortage..i already know i dont make enough to afford anythign but she said they coudl help out and get a cosign/downpayment. we found really cute condo sized houses..with fensed in yards..at a decent price..brand new.
well bank woulda give me the moon with a cosgin but because my parents are buying a house soon..they CANT cosign...so theres plan two down the tube.

so dog plans are defently on hold for a while (even though i ordered and recieved a coller already hehe..it came in the maill...its from dublin dog.. a cork coller which is brown and has shamrocks all over it. )
Ive been feeling a bit lost with everythign thats been going on and although im not dead set to leave my cheap rent, big apartment with my two cats...i have been looking at basement suiets in my old neighbourhood..best way to find yourself is to go home right :)

Thankyou so much for all your replies and advice.. yesterday was a really rough day..and i knew that people here would understand best. Even my parents dont really understand or are grieving like i am. so i try to hide it from most people..but have let it out to a few friends that i know would get it. So i really appreciate all your replies.

a few weeks ago..i was at the beach and saw a cavalier (defently not very popular bread over here) i had to leave my car and go talk to hte owner :D i told her all about oliver and soaked in a bit of cavie love..reminded me of when i was overseas in ireland and would harras the owners trying to walk their dogs..telling them all about my oliver at home :D

Back