Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: The cavalier out door show scene

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default The cavalier out door show scene

Quote Originally Posted by Bet View Post
    THE CAVALIER OUT DOOR SHOW SCENE

May I Gently Suggest to Davecav that there is No Comparison between the Showing of Cavaliers and Boxing.

That many Genuine Lovers of Cavaliers do not like to see them Confined to Cages and Covered in Blankets in Hot Weather only for ,as Dr Pagett has said in his Article ,THE BREEDERS CODE OF SILENCE.

That their Excuse he says ,is for their own Glorification in Winning Ribbons ,,Placings and Titles, and I will mention
    again the Cavalier Show Breeders.

Some of those Cavalier Show Breeders do have Show Ring Success ,but unfortunately they are seen by Newcomers to the Cavalier Breed as Breed Authorities who the Newcomers can Trust for Knowledge and Information.

In many Cases they are given the Information that there are No Genetic Problems in Cavaliers to be Concerned with, that there is no need to do Expensive Health Testing when the Cavaliers are Healthy.

What is so sad about those Cavalier Breeders Attitudes ,is that their Attitudes begin to Prevail.

Back to Cavaliers being shut in Cages ,covered in Blankets in Hot Weather .

Can any-body Prove that the Cerebro Spinal Fluid is not going faster Round the Cavaliers Skulls in Hot Weather and being Shut in a Cage and Covered with a Blanket because of CM?

I certainly can't, but Davecav have you the Knowledge to say it being Covered with Blanket in a Cage in Hot Weather is making no difference to a Cavalier with CM.

Finally, does any-one know if the Heart Testing Results of Cavaliers will also be being Published in the Kennel Club's Breed Supplement ,also in the UK CKCS CLUB there are around 2,200 Members but for only 257 to have taken the Trouble to Reply to the MRI Qestionaire,were the others just not interested.

In answer again to Davecav's Question to me about Comparing Cavalier Show Breeders and Boxing, it will be mainly to the Cavalier Pet Buying Public that those Cavaliers will be being sold to,I will put this Question to him once more, ....

Has every Cavalier Shown at Cavalier Show's been MRI Scanned and Heart Tested?

If Not Why Not?

Bet

Could I possibly be Allowed to Reply to the Scurrilous Assertion on another Cavalier Forum that the Problem of Cavaliers with CM/SM ,is a Smear Campaign against the Cavalier Breed

What seems also to have been forgotten in this Article ,is the Fact the Cavaliers were known to have Heart Trouble and Dying from it from the 1940's .

MVD Researchers are saying that there are now Many Cavaliers Carriers with the MVD Genes.

Is this Not Proof enough , if Proof was needed, that Our Cavaliers are a Very Unhealthy Breed!!

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like

OK - I give in.

I just can't follow your reasoning or logic.

Bye Bye

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hello davecav

Thats exactly the same words I often say to my wife .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Could I possibly be Allowed to Reply to the Scurrilous Assertion on another Cavalier Forum that the Problem of Cavaliers with CM/SM ,is a Smear Campaign against the Cavalier Breed

Bet
    Hello Bet,

This is really not worth worrying about.

The Secretary of the Health Liaison Committee has posted a badly translated article from a Dutch breeder which contains many of the clutching-at-straw denials that were current a year or so ago in the UK.

Another Health Representative has replied indicating she believes that other breeds would be as badly affected with SM if they were also MRI'd.

Well, that's okay then, as long as other breeds have SM too, cavalier owners have nothing to worry about.

The liaison committee is scarcely going to be very proactive if this is an indication of their thinking.
    This, I presume, is why their website has so little information on it. Not even an up-to-date list of health testing events.
    http://www.cavalierhealth.co.uk/

It would be good to be told just what this committee were doing. Instead they seem to function as some sort of secret society.

They have been asked if they intend to chase up the long promised BVA/KC Heart Scheme, something that is so badly needed, but they have not given any direct answer as to whether this is on their agenda.
    In fact they will not give any indication about just what steps, if any, they are taking to improve the health of cavaliers.

It is called 'Gatekeeping'. It is the act of stopping and delaying progress as long as possible.

It will not work, things will never go back to what they were, the problems are too widely known. All these people are doing are making other breeders sincere efforts to improve the health of the breed less likely to succeed.

One of the ideas in this mish-mash of an article is that it is disloyal to talk about the many health issues in cavaliers.
    The accusation that all the publicity about SM is a 'smear' on the breed is plainly ridiculous if you think about it.
    Keeping quiet allows problems to multiply and the dogs suffer. That is why we are now overwhelmed with SM and MVD.

Helping experts to investigate the problems and find remedies helps the breed. It is surely what real cavalier lovers, those that really care about the suffering of these poor dogs and their owners, should be doing?

I watched my special dog scream in pain. Since then I have seen his sons and grandsons suffer. I decided to tell the world about SM because I love my dogs.

Disloyalty is to have seen your dog suffer and not do everything possible to ensure that it does not happen to other cavaliers.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Hello davecav

Thats exactly the same words I often say to my wife .
    Hi Brian - hope she doesn't read this forum, else you might find yourself in the dog-house !! otherwise on a nice afternoon like this I'll just chill and have a small beer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default The cavalier out door show scene

Quote Originally Posted by Davecav View Post
    OK - I give in.

I just can't follow your reasoning or logic.

Bye Bye

I do hope Davecav that you will read Margaret's well written Post, and now Perhaps you will understand what we True Lovers of our Cavalier Breed feel about what is happening to the Cavaliers at the Moment.

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like

I do hope Davecav that you will read Margaret's well written Post, and now Perhaps you will understand what we True Lovers of our Cavalier Breed feel about what is happening to the Cavaliers at the Moment.

Bet
    Sorry Bet, the health issues of Cavaliers, which are dear to my heart, and I do not take them lightly!, have nothing to do with people wanting to have a nice day out at a show and enjoy their hobby.
    Trying to pour scorn and condem them for taking their dogs, and themselves for a lovely day out, by suggesting their dogs are baking in their cages, and are suffering because they are sick dogs as they have CM and are Brachceaphilac, is, I think, insulting the intellegence of most of the people on this forum who bother to read your posts.
    Where is your proof that these dogs suffer. There are posts on this thread from people who take their dogs to shows and they refute what you are trying to imply.
    I take my cavalier camping, she plays with my kids racing round after a ball or just having fun all day, should I lock her up inside at home becuase the sun is shining? I think not! She is happy and she loves to be outside, and yes I have a cage that she goes in of her own accord to have a snooze in the shade.

~This really is the last I will say on this subject because you are wasting your breath on me. - - ------ ---- and probably I on you.
    Last edited by Davecav; 6th May 2011 at 08:14 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Disloyalty is to have seen your dog suffer and not do everything possible to ensure that it does not happen to other cavaliers.
    Margaret.....YES!

J.
    J. and pups, Gem, Monty, Harley and Sapphire

Post Thanks / Like

and now Perhaps you will understand what we True Lovers of our Cavalier Breed feel about what is happening to the Cavaliers at the Moment.

Bet
    So those who disagree with your thread do not care about our Cavaliers? Are we not "True Lovers" of the breed.

Dear God! Just when I think your comments cannot stoop any lower.

This forum has always been a joy to read, filled with helpful and informative threads, until lately, when you seem driven to push your blinkered views down everyone's throats.
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by murphy's mum View Post
    So those who disagree with your thread do not care about our Cavaliers? Are we not "True Lovers" of the breed.
    I have been upset too. I care about cavalier health and even though I don't currently have one, I have learned a lot about what to look for in a breeder. The first place I would go, is to a show. Who is volunteering the health clinics they have, talk to people, get involved because it is a beautiful breed.

One thing confuses me. It doesn't make sense because at one time there was questions why not many submissions for heart results for older cavaliers at a show. Yet now, it is cruel to take them to a show. I don't understand because some older cavaliers would have a hard time traveling (cm/sm, mvd, or just old age) but then again I don't think this is about crates.

I probably was mistreating ella because she traveled with and loved the car. Now I feel so guilty. I know she was overweight, that is cruel. She would stick her head out the window (now that's probably not safe). I know I made mistakes. I wish I was perfect but I tried damn hard for her. I would not intentionally do anything cruel. Ok I now need to stop but we can't analyze one piece.

I might be emotional now, but yes we have got to recognize the health issues but in a way that is helpful. I have said before, if a cavalier breeder follows protocols and has a cavalier asymptomatic with a syrinx, why would they not be shown? They can be breed to an A and what if they are over 5 heart clear with a small syrinx.

It seems to me, it is about early onset SM, like MVD. Maybe karlin will correct me but from reading dr. Rusbridge slides it would be best to breed clear cavaliers but if need be, only older asymptomatic cavaliers with a syrinx should be breed with an older clear cavalier?

Karlin mentioned underage breeding. That is something I think is pretty easy to see how it hurts the health of the breed because so many protocols have age in mind. Why punish a breeder who has older with a small syrinx if they breed and follow protocols.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella