• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Kipling my Chinese Crested Powder Puff.

*Pauline*

Hi everyone ;) I just wanted to show off the baby of the family, Kipling. Isn't he sweet! He's the most gentle dog ever. I am still waiting until I have owned him for 6 months then I can try him out as a therapy dog. Everyone says he'll be perfect as a P.A.T. dog as he's so laid back.

5685568058_48ed888bdf.jpg

Good to see Kipling looking so handsome and relaxed, Pauline. Was just thinking the other day that we haven't heard from you for a while.

When I took my Shiddy for grooming recently, they had 3 powder puffs waiting their turn, but they were very far from relaxed. In fact, one was even sedated, so I was wondering how you were getting on. Glad to hear it's good news - proof that owners are the most important factor, if it were needed!

I think he is so relaxed because he was with his breeder and little mates for 8 months. He was used to having his face shaved and has learnt manners from his litter mates.

Kipling is looking good Pauline, he is such a lovely colour and the tear stains look good, just out of interest what product did you use in the end, I am interested as Ollie still has them, but maybe not quite so bad as they were.

What a sweetie!

I am sure he will be a great therapy dog, I know I would love to have him come around and visit me! :smile:

Kipling is looking good Pauline, he is such a lovely colour and the tear stains look good, just out of interest what product did you use in the end, I am interested as Ollie still has them, but maybe not quite so bad as they were.

I tried two products but I'm not good at doing it daily so I can't say which is best. Nothing will lighten the stain I'm told but these products will prevent future stains so you need to trim out the stains and wait for regrowth, something you can't really do with a Cavalier. Two Cavalier breeders recommended these products.

Mistral Tear stain removing cream and Kleen Face by Dog's stuff.

I like Mistral best. You out the cream on with a cotton bud then brush out the next day.

Pauline,
He's beautiful ! You'll love doing Therapy work. Best of luck to you both !!

Thanks Tania.

Dylan is much better on 50mg Pregabalin twice a day and 20mg Rimadyl twice a day. I trimmed his coat for the first time ready for a heatwave...well you never know! I left his tail, ears and chest and didn't cut the body too short. Took me 2 hours though, never again! I've found a good groomer now.

I was struggling with Kipling's grooming as you only have to look at him and he gets a mat. A local groomer cut a large mat out from behind one ear recently and showed me how to groom him. He has to be groomed every day with a comb and the same before and after walks. She said I haven't had him long and to give myself time to learn then, if I couldn't cope, she'd take off half the length then maybe clip it short. But I think I can do it now that I've been shown. It would be a real shame to cut it short as it's white at the roots, gold further down with black ends.

Back