• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cavalier Hay Fever ?

Brian M

Hi

Its a question that has been asked before but do Cavaliers suffer from Hay Fever as we know it ie grass pollen or similar .Poppy last Sunday seemed to be sniffling and sneezed a few times and the grass in the park had recently been cut .I always keep a form of anti histamine in the car but just for emergency such as stings and I wouldnt want to give her any for a grass pollen allergy we would just walk somewhere near the water front in a relatively grass free area.

Gracie definitely sneezed quite a bit....

Both last fall a bit when we had fall pollens and moreso this spring when tree pollen was so bad. Never enough symptoms to require meds but happened consistently.

Rose has it. She had been itching her nose when she came in from outside, but if she went out right after it rained, no itching. I asked the vet to give a good go-over to her ears and nose while she was out for her spay, and sure enough, she had irritation/redness deep in her ears, indicating an allergy. Our vet gave us some antihistamines to try, but with her 2 surgeries and rounds of antibiotics, we only got 2 days worth in (before the second surgery). Now, she is much improved without antihistamines this week, and the pine tree pollen is about done, so I'm guessing it's tree pollen for Rose.

Back