• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Bella's dry eye has taken a turn for the worst

team bella

I had Bella back to the vet today as her dry eye has got worse. It was under control with the viscotears for quite some time but now its not so good. The last time she had the tear test her eyes were 14 & 19 and today it was 9 & 14. She is now on Optmmune and taking Maxitrol for the inflamation. I discussed with the vet taking her to the Royal Dick in Edinburgh and she says that if it can't be brought under control the Royal can operate. Now I need to know if anyone knows anything about this op. It involves taking and transplanting the saliva glands. It all sounds very high risk to me but not sure if there an alternative if the long term prognosis is not good. Anyone know anything about this ??? I will discuss further with the vet when I take her back next week but want to find out as much as I can. At the moment she seems much more settled so hopefully things will improve.

Back