• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Is the weight of my 5 month old normal?

Ladybug

Lady is 5 months and weighs 4.65 kg (10.25 lbs).

The vet recently said, after not seeing her since her last vaccinations, something like, "Oh, looks like she's just going to be a little thing."

I also mentioned her weight to the breeder who also said it was small.

She is slim and looks quite lanky, but she has a healthy appetite.

Is she normal?

All I can speak to is my Gracie as an example

This may give you some comfort. We first got Gracie at 5 months and she weighed just 8.5 pounds!! She really was a wee thing!! She was not born the smallest in her litter but she became the smallest by 3 months.

After we got her, she continued to put on weight and height and is now almost 13 pounds at 12 months. There is no doubt that my Gracie will be on the smaller end of the range for adult females and that is okay with us. Your Lady MAY end up on the smaller side, but she is already much heavier than Gracie was at the same age so too early to tell. Cavvies can develop slowly.

Lucy only weighed 3.9kgs at 5 months! She was a little skinny but not too bad - shes a year & a half now & i weighed her on thursday when she had her booster & shes 5.25kgs - but she is tiny!

Mine is barely 11lbs and is 2 years old. Just checked her weight chart and she was 6lbs at 5 months.

Just a sidenote, i am not encouraging the breeding of little cavaliers...her parents and sibblings are all larger than she is. She was just the smallest of her litter and has remained petite.

Just an update - Lady got weighed yesterday and she is now 6kg. She is almost 7 months and seems to be growing steadily. She has a much bigger appetite now - she seems to go through phases of not being particularly interested in food and then chowing everything down. Her appetite is through the roof since my little kitten joined us. Lola has been eating Lady's dry puppy food and I think Lady is eating it all up as quick as she can so Lola can't get any!

Lady is 5 months and weighs 4.65 kg (10.25 lbs).

The vet recently said, after not seeing her since her last vaccinations, something like, "Oh, looks like she's just going to be a little thing."

I also mentioned her weight to the breeder who also said it was small.

She is slim and looks quite lanky, but she has a healthy appetite.

Is she normal?

Atlas is a year and 3 months and he is 12.5 lbs. He's just isn't keen on eating.

Thanks for everyone's input - very helpful! I guess 6 kgs/13 lbs at 6 months is not so tiny after all (she certainly doesn't feel tiny when she jumps on me in bed!).

Back