• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Close up using a point and shoot

robbieswan

This proves you dont have to have an expensive camera to get good photos of your dog/s

tesscloseup.jpg

Cute pic! What kind do you have? I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5 (they've come out with a couple of new versions since mine, more zoom, etc.- mine has a 10x zoom) and it does GREAT macro shots too for a point and shoot :) .

Let's see how good my pic program is...is it a Sony DSC-W290?

Cute pic! What kind do you have? I have a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ5

That my camera too. I use microscopes all day at work, so I'm a big fan of leica's lenses. I SCUBA dive with mine, and for the price it was a really great choice.

Although the camera I use most is my iPhone 4.

That my camera too. I use microscopes all day at work, so I'm a big fan of leica's lenses. I SCUBA dive with mine, and for the price it was a really great choice.

Although the camera I use most is my iPhone 4.

Oooo! What kind of waterproof case do you have? I messed up and didn't buy one when I first got it, and now I am kicking myself (our cheap waterproof camera suddenly became "unwaterproof") because I am having a hard time finding one specific to my camera :( .

http://www.trustedreviews.com/Sony-C...-Camera_review

It has a Carl Zeiss lens, and is a great pocket camera..A good all rounder

Your pic program is spot on !​

Cool! That's the first time I've tried to look it up :) .

Oooo! What kind of waterproof case do you have? I messed up and didn't buy one when I first got it, and now I am kicking myself (our cheap waterproof camera suddenly became "unwaterproof") because I am having a hard time finding one specific to my camera :( .
[/INDENT]

I bought the camera specific one the day I bought my camera. It was hard to find then (4 years ago), and cost as much as the camera. If you just use a camera for snorkeling/beach/pool it probably makes more sense to buy one of the new durable digital cameras (like the lumix ts10, or the Olympus tough series). If you're going diving the waterproof housing is your best choice.

Thanks, I'll look at those! I am not going scuba diving (bad lungs :( ), but I do like to snorkle :) .

Back