• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Please pray for me

anniemac

I'm having an extremely hard time dealing with the loss of ella. Please if you could pray for me today, because I really need it. I don't think I can handle this

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Hi Annie,
Sending you a virtual hug :hug:
You have put so much time and energy into Ella's health and wellbeing, it's natural for you to find that things are difficult right now, hang on in there. I know it's really hard, but you'll get through this, one day at a time.

Anne, you are in our prayers and sending you :hug: I hope you find comfort bringing Ellas ashes home. I know having Sonny back with us gave me a bit of comfort. Stay strong, it's what Ella would have wanted.

Carolxx

Thinking of you. Be patient. Things are still very raw for you. It is such a tough thing to go through.

Thinking of you today big hugs from me I hope you have got someone with you who understands how hard it is for you
---Aileen

{{{{{Anne}}}}}

I've lost a number of animals to illness over the years, but not until Dillon did I experience the different pain of an extremely sudden, unexpected loss. Please be gentle with yourself. Each day the sad memories will gradually be pushed aside by those of happier times. And one day, you may find Carly Simon was right- there *is* more room in a broken heart. Enough room for a new wagging tail to move in. It took me 8 months to get there, but I am now an exhausted new 'mom' to an almost 9 week old, named Oliver.

My thoughts and prayers are with you. :hug:

Anne,
Just said a prayer for you. You can and will get through this. Like others have said, just take it a day at a time. I've been there and the pain can seem unbearable, but eventually it can be replaced with the joy of countless wonderful memories. Hang in there.

Oh Anne, it seems to take forever. When we had to put our German Shepherd down because of uncontrollable seizures it was just heart breaking and we even had our little boy Oliver (he was one year old at the time) here to help us through the rough times. I would be driving down the street and just find myself breaking out in tears for no reason - just the thought of her would come to my mind that I would never see her or hold her again, take her for a walk, play fetch, etc.

What did it for me, was seeing how lonely Oliver looked and acted. He was just moping around like the rest of us. So nine months after our Shepherd was PTS, little Riley came into our lives and though Risha (the Shepherd) was not forgotten, our household came alive again. Oliver and Riley played, and she was just the dream dog for us. So, give it time. It is heartbreaking and heart aching and you fell like you will never be the same.

None of our cavaliers has ever taken hold of my husband's heart like Risha did. She was truly his dog. I may be taking back all of my advice when of my four dies and I am in your shoes, since they are truly my heart and soul, much more than Risha ever was. Sending you lots of hugs and kisses and warm wishes.

I cannot image what you are feeling right now! But please seek help if you your feelings of loss and pain are too overwhelming! I know that is what Ella would want.

Thank you all! I can feel the prayers coming. Its amazing I called ella, pooh! So still pooh, your name has an extra special call. I'm even going to post a joke in another topic

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Anne,
Grief takes time and you cant expect to lose someone who was such a big part of your life (either human or canine) and get over it so soon.
Hang in there, Im sure in time things will get better. You'll always have a little bit of you missing but remember all the love Ella brought and before long you'l be smiling when you think of her and not shedding tears.
Leo and I are sending hugs and prayers your way:hug:

I happened to have a candle burning on my coffee table when I read your post. I just kneeled next to it and said a prayer for you :l*v:

I have just read your post and am amazed because even though we've never met, you have been on my mind all day today. I have really been missing Jade, so I know how you feel and every time I think of Jade, I think of you. I can't say the right words to make you feel better, but please take comfort knowing that you are not alone with your grief. I went to watch a dog show on Saturday and there were 15 cavaliers there. It was wonderful to see them and cuddle some ( I know some of the breeders) and it was so therapeutic for me. Stay strong Anne and remember your happy times with Ella and who knows..... another little four-legged friend may be just around the corner? My heart is with you.

just go with it. You know you're in the worst of the grief right now, but as my Mom always said 'this too shall pass', and it will!! You have such a great support of friends and family, we're here for you. Things will get better, and as Kathleen said, another four-legged friend might just be around the corner. Ella was a special sweet girl and can never be replaced, but she wouldn't want you to be lonely. So just go with the flow and let the tears out and know that there's sunshine after the rain!:flwr:

You are absolutely in my thoughts. You can and will get through this. The pain is so very raw right now. Hang in there and know that there are many people behind you lifting you up when the burden feels too great.

Awww Anne, I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I just read this, and hope that the prayers of so many that care about you made a difference today!

I will continue to pray for you. I think of you every morning, knowing that you miss her so terribly.

I promise you it will get better, but you are in the thick of it right now. Give it time, okay?

I WILL pray for you every single day. I promise!

(((hugs))) Saying a prayer for you as I type. Please do find someone to speak to who can help you find a way through this if it becomes too much for you to bear on your own. We lost our Mattie last year, and it is still so saddening to see her pics, but it is healing.
Concentrate on her being happy and pain free, and we will be praying that your healing will start soon, and that soon you remember her with joy when you think of her, and not only the sadness that came when she left, which is where I finally am when I think of our Clint. It took awhile, and I am still waiting for that about Mattie, but I know it will come, and I want you to know that it will come too.

Oh Anne.
I cannot imagine how much your heart hurts right now, but I am saying prayer for you. A really, really big one.
Remember too that it is okay to feel this sad. Dog, human, or fish...we all need to go through the stages of grief (denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance) before we can begin to heal. However, I believe that the stages of grief are more like a spiral, and you travel in and out of them through the processes vs. just staying in one to move onto another. The spaces between each spiral begin to get wider though, and soon you will feel a sense of peace. One of the things people try to do in grief is to say that "in order to accept, one must not be sad anymore"...well, that is not true. Acceptance can mean anything. "I accept that this is a sad place for me right now", "I accept that Ella needed to be free, and I will hurt because of my love for her", "I accept that this is moving me into a new phase of life and I am willing to go through the emotions to get there".

There is lots of ways to "accept", but the most important thing is that you let yourself feel this way. Feel free to spiral through these stages. Feel free to acknowledge your pain (just like you did here), and really be with what you are feeling. The worst thing to do is pretend you are okay if you are not, and if you are sad, let yourself fully feel that emotion, it is happening to you for a reason and you body needs to work through that energy.

I always feel like writing helps me. Maybe write Ella a letter. Maybe let her write you one.
I write so much and it has helped me through a lot of grief...certainly doesn't fix the pain, but I guess helps with the movement forward.

My heart and hugs go out to you. We are all here for you and this is such a great place to get support when you need it! xx

Back