Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please pray for me

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you all! I can feel the prayers coming. Its amazing I called ella, pooh! So still pooh, your name has an extra special call. I'm even going to post a joke in another topic

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

Anne,
    Grief takes time and you cant expect to lose someone who was such a big part of your life (either human or canine) and get over it so soon.
    Hang in there, Im sure in time things will get better. You'll always have a little bit of you missing but remember all the love Ella brought and before long you'l be smiling when you think of her and not shedding tears.
    Leo and I are sending hugs and prayers your way
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

I happened to have a candle burning on my coffee table when I read your post. I just kneeled next to it and said a prayer for you
    Erin aka Mommy to Polly (Blenheim) 3-30-2009 And Cat children, Salem, Emma & Ellie
    The love of my life
    "Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole."
    Tobey- I miss you terribly my sweet boy. We will be together again

Post Thanks / Like

I have just read your post and am amazed because even though we've never met, you have been on my mind all day today. I have really been missing Jade, so I know how you feel and every time I think of Jade, I think of you. I can't say the right words to make you feel better, but please take comfort knowing that you are not alone with your grief. I went to watch a dog show on Saturday and there were 15 cavaliers there. It was wonderful to see them and cuddle some ( I know some of the breeders) and it was so therapeutic for me. Stay strong Anne and remember your happy times with Ella and who knows..... another little four-legged friend may be just around the corner? My heart is with you.
    Kathleen
    Thomas (tri-colour) & Jade (blenheim) waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

just go with it. You know you're in the worst of the grief right now, but as my Mom always said 'this too shall pass', and it will!! You have such a great support of friends and family, we're here for you. Things will get better, and as Kathleen said, another four-legged friend might just be around the corner. Ella was a special sweet girl and can never be replaced, but she wouldn't want you to be lonely. So just go with the flow and let the tears out and know that there's sunshine after the rain!
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.

Post Thanks / Like

You are absolutely in my thoughts. You can and will get through this. The pain is so very raw right now. Hang in there and know that there are many people behind you lifting you up when the burden feels too great.

Post Thanks / Like

Awww Anne, I am so sorry you are feeling this way. I just read this, and hope that the prayers of so many that care about you made a difference today!

I will continue to pray for you. I think of you every morning, knowing that you miss her so terribly.

I promise you it will get better, but you are in the thick of it right now. Give it time, okay?

I WILL pray for you every single day. I promise!
    Cindy and Claire
    Claire was born on Feb7, 2010

Post Thanks / Like

(((hugs))) Saying a prayer for you as I type. Please do find someone to speak to who can help you find a way through this if it becomes too much for you to bear on your own. We lost our Mattie last year, and it is still so saddening to see her pics, but it is healing.
    Concentrate on her being happy and pain free, and we will be praying that your healing will start soon, and that soon you remember her with joy when you think of her, and not only the sadness that came when she left, which is where I finally am when I think of our Clint. It took awhile, and I am still waiting for that about Mattie, but I know it will come, and I want you to know that it will come too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You are in our thoughts. xx

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Anne.
    I cannot imagine how much your heart hurts right now, but I am saying prayer for you. A really, really big one.
    Remember too that it is okay to feel this sad. Dog, human, or fish...we all need to go through the stages of grief (denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance) before we can begin to heal. However, I believe that the stages of grief are more like a spiral, and you travel in and out of them through the processes vs. just staying in one to move onto another. The spaces between each spiral begin to get wider though, and soon you will feel a sense of peace. One of the things people try to do in grief is to say that "in order to accept, one must not be sad anymore"...well, that is not true. Acceptance can mean anything. "I accept that this is a sad place for me right now", "I accept that Ella needed to be free, and I will hurt because of my love for her", "I accept that this is moving me into a new phase of life and I am willing to go through the emotions to get there".

There is lots of ways to "accept", but the most important thing is that you let yourself feel this way. Feel free to spiral through these stages. Feel free to acknowledge your pain (just like you did here), and really be with what you are feeling. The worst thing to do is pretend you are okay if you are not, and if you are sad, let yourself fully feel that emotion, it is happening to you for a reason and you body needs to work through that energy.

I always feel like writing helps me. Maybe write Ella a letter. Maybe let her write you one.
    I write so much and it has helped me through a lot of grief...certainly doesn't fix the pain, but I guess helps with the movement forward.

My heart and hugs go out to you. We are all here for you and this is such a great place to get support when you need it! xx