Thread: Backpack Cavi

Post Thanks / Like

Default Backpack Cavi

I went for a walk with a friend of mine today who as a lovely little cavalier who is now 13 years old. She hasnt been well lately and so cant walk very far anymore. (the dog not my friend!)
    I suggested a backpack then we can still take her with us, so today we headed off to the forest with Millie in a backpack, taking turns to carry her.

She absolutly loved it She looked like the queen bee with her little face pocking out watching the world go by. She managed a good walk then we carried her the rest of the way. At least she could still enjoy all the sights and smells of the forest.

Leo was a little confused at the start but he soon stopped trying to jump up at her.
    Next time we go I'll get a good photo as she did look funny and very pleased with herself
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

aww i can just imagine ! i think they are really adaptable to being carried or otherwise transported.. last year ruby started limping , i got her to the vet in a childs buggy ..she loved it , mind shes used to the kids i mind pushing her around in it(her choice , she jumps in on purpose!!) and i thought how very handy it was . and when they get old ,as you say , they can still enjoy a walk with all the smells and sights etc ..ive also sneaked ruby round b and q in a shopping bag !!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

When my sister's westies got old, she bought a twin dog stroller so when they got tired while out walking, they could ride home.
    ~Denise and Clancy, Dillon (gone to The Bridge), and baby Oliver

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by StillPooh View Post
    When my sister's westies got old, she bought a twin dog stroller so when they got tired while out walking, they could ride home.
    How cute!!! I would love to see that
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I walked in Bigw a few months ago and had to look twice as a lady had her puppy in a child's stroller! Lol
    Deb

Post Thanks / Like

That must have looked so cute and what a great way for the dog to get out and about.
    Pam

and my two special boys Jasper age 13 and Ollie age 3.