• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

finding a puppy - where to start?!

seren

Hya, well the time has come to welcome a ckcs puppy into my life as in January I lost my beautiful blenheim boy to heart failure :( absoultley awful time but Im missing my cavalier cuddles so much and having a little awesome character about wanting all my attention that its time to start the search for another.

This is causing a headache though!! I am trying my best to contact good breeders as I was totally taken for a mug when I bought Charlie and believed their tales which ended up me buying a puppy that had a heart murmur from day one! I dont want this to happen again and have contacted the ckcs club puppy register, ended up leaving a message but no one has got back to me and that was a week ago now!! Is there anywhere else I can try that has someone who can point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks

and big hugs to all your cavaliers xx

No advice to offer, as I live in the U.S., but wanted to offer :hug: on the loss of your Cavalier. We lost our Dillon to heart disease last August, and it took months for me to be ready to try again. He was a rescue and came to us as a 5 year old adult with existing MVD, but his loss 4 1/2 years later was still quite hard.

I searched online until I found a few local breeders (I didn't want to buy a puppy sight unseen and have him shipped) who test their dogs for heart, eye and joint health and have the certificates to prove it. Most of them have wait lists, but this time of year many have puppies being born. We got lucky, and found a 7 week old tricolor boy who had been under contract, but the buyers backed out. The breeder reduced his price by the amount of their non-refundable deposit, and Oliver came home on Saturday.

Wishing you luck on your search. Your puppy is out there!

Hya, well the time has come to welcome a ckcs puppy into my life as in January I lost my beautiful blenheim boy to heart failure :( absoultley awful time but Im missing my cavalier cuddles so much and having a little awesome character about wanting all my attention that its time to start the search for another.

This is causing a headache though!! I am trying my best to contact good breeders as I was totally taken for a mug when I bought Charlie and believed their tales which ended up me buying a puppy that had a heart murmur from day one! I dont want this to happen again and have contacted the ckcs club puppy register, ended up leaving a message but no one has got back to me and that was a week ago now!! Is there anywhere else I can try that has someone who can point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks

and big hugs to all your cavaliers xx

I may be able to help you.

If you use the Private Message facility to send me your email address I will let you have a list of breeders and my detailed puppy buying advice.

Also check out the information on the left hand side of the Forum page.

No advice to offer, as I live in the U.S., but wanted to offer :hug: on the loss of your Cavalier. We lost our Dillon to heart disease last August, and it took months for me to be ready to try again. He was a rescue and came to us as a 5 year old adult with existing MVD, but his loss 4 1/2 years later was still quite hard.

I searched online until I found a few local breeders (I didn't want to buy a puppy sight unseen and have him shipped) who test their dogs for heart, eye and joint health and have the certificates to prove it. Most of them have wait lists, but this time of year many have puppies being born. We got lucky, and found a 7 week old tricolor boy who had been under contract, but the buyers backed out. The breeder reduced his price by the amount of their non-refundable deposit, and Oliver came home on Saturday.

Wishing you luck on your search. Your puppy is out there!

Ah thank you :hug: and big hugs to you about Dillon xx

And thank you Margaret C I have sent you a message :)

Back