• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Help :-(

john

Hi

I just found a piece of my 4 month old puppy's tooth in her water. I checked her mouth and the a piece of her back tooth is after coming off and its red.

What do I do? Im worried about her now

Caroline

Hi

I just found a piece of my 4 month old puppy's tooth in her water. I checked her mouth and the a piece of her back tooth is after coming off and its red.

What do I do? Im worried about her now

Caroline

Don't worry she's only teething.:D;) Often people don't even find their pups milk teeth as they swallow them (and come to no harm at all) sometimes as in your case you find one, or see that one is very wobbly, just leave nature to take it's course.

As DaveCav says all puppies lose their baby milk teeth at about this age.

The only thing you need to worry about is what she may chew while the adult teeth are coming through the gum.

The need to gnaw at anything and everything can be overwhelming, so provide plenty of chewy toys and treats

Margaret's words of wisdom ... truer words never said

They chew everything!!!! Get alot of good sturdy chew toys that do not hurt their digestive system.

As DaveCav says all puppies lose their baby milk teeth at about this age.

The only thing you need to worry about is what she may chew while the adult teeth are coming through the gum.

The need to gnaw at anything and everything can be overwhelming, so provide plenty of chewy toys and treats

I may have misunderstood the OP. I took it to say the pup lost part of a tooth, as in it broke off. :confused:

Don't worry, I found a puppy tooth in my top the other night.Little Miss had been chomping on a button and out it came.
Its unusual to actually find the lost tooth.
Sins

We found several of Claire's teeth. One I saved (I know, I know, I'm such a momma).....but, this is the first dog where I've found the teeth.

StillPooh - to be honest im not sure if it is a part or whole tooth that i found, she is in good form and eating away for i guess she is ok now. will keep an eye on her.

Thanks all the rest for ye're help also

Caroline

Based on her age, I'm betting she's getting her adult molars in, and what you found was a whole baby tooth. :hug:

Back