• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Picking up after your dog.

I buy bags that come on a roll and fit into a little carrier shaped like a fire hydrant, attached to Clancy's leash.

Just the black poopy bags, although I have been known to use any old bag if we run out ;)

We have some new dog owners in our area at the moment, and the streets are flooded with dog dirt :mad: I was shouted at by a lady on the street the other day because of it.

Misty had just done her thing, and as usual was being told she was a "good girl", when some woman started shouting at me saying how disgusting it was to let my dog "do that in the street!". I calmly turned around with the bag in my hand and said "perhaps her time would be better spent shouting at people who didn't clean up after their animals instead of the law abiding ones who do;)

Potty bags (pink) that are in a little pouch that looks like a miniature purse. I then put them in a small paper bag so I don't have to walk down the street with poop in a clear pink bag....I've used snack bags when I have run out, but I keep lots of small paper bags around.

So far Piper has never pooped when on a leash. He goes in our yard when he's free to run around. I use plastic grocery bags to clean up to yard though.

I use doggy bags or sandwich bags if I run out. I often think when picking it up I hope it doesn't have a hole in it! Imagine that!:yikes

Personally I find a very good use for all those plastic bags you get given in shops - good recycling sense and much cheaper than buying anything special.

I use everything! I have pink little poo bags, but the park up the street has poo bag dispensers, so we are always (usually!) in luck. I also use grocery bags and the bags you put veggies in at the supermarket. In the backyard, we just use a little shovel and put it in our "organic matter" bin.

And to be honest...I have used leaves! Yes, leaves...I just SO hate when people leave dog poo (I'm mean, if you choose to own a dog, you have to own all aspects of it), so if Brooklyn catches me off guard, I grab a leaf and head for the nearest trash can! Ha!

Funny, I have never talked about "poo" before I owned a dog, and now I talk about it (and touch it!) all the time! ;)

We mainly use nappy sacks now since you don`t get so many plastic bags from the shops anymore. Somebody had a right go at my hubby the other day when he was picking up after the dogs, he saw him picking it up and said he should`nt walk around the pavements with the dog, the reason why we don`t use the field is because people do not pick up after their dog in there. It was a good job I did`nt see them, I would have reminded about the times their late dog used to roam the streets on it`s own.:mad: Sadly it`s the few that do not pick up that make it bad for everybody else.

For Kaley I use pink scented doggy bags that fit in a pink poo bag depenser that attaches to her lead ( bit of a pink theme going on here methinks!!) . If Paul takes Kaley put he uses a different lead and uses black bags that are more "manly" icon_whistling

I use the Doog Walkie Belt. It's FANTASTIC. It comes with scented black 'tidy' bags and antibacterial hand wipes, and you can buy refills. It's got pockets for keys, mobile phone, dog treats etc. and comes in a range of colours (for the boys and the girlies). It's an Australian product but also available all over the world, both in stores and online (click here for a full list of stockists in your area).

Also, it's adjustable up to a 55 inch / 140 cm waist - not just for the skinny dog walkers in this world (thank goodness for me!).

Love it, love it, love it.

I've got the black myself, but even more colours available to view on the Doog website.

Back