• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Blondie throwing up 3 mornings in a row

Thanks all. Im gonna try the snack around midnight. We go to bed very late and sleep a bit later than most people. ( my girl is a terrible sleepyhead ahe can snooze 13 hours happily) she just had dinner and its ten 30. So paws crossed. Other than that no other symptoms she chowed down her dinner and barked at airplanes on the roof for an hour as usual. :)

I would also give her the acid reducer (omeprazole) at nighttime.....(I don't know if the Vet said when to give it, but just a thought.

Isn't it Milk Thistle that is supposed to help with Liver issues? Of course, from what I'm reading, you don't even know if this is an issue yet. I also have a friend who dealt with liver issues for years, with one of her dogs (she has 9 dogs). And if this ends up being an issue for you, I'll put you in contact (she has pugs, btw).

Good thoughts and prayers that she doesn't have issues tomorrow.

I do wonder if a vet visit would not be a good idea? This digestive problem seems to be going on for a few days now.

A very bland diet, or even 24 hours without food may be needed.

Margaret. I put her on boiled chicken and rice today. I will see if stool hardens up by tmrw. The only reason im not too worried yet is because she eats and drinks and acts as normal. If the diarhea is still there tmrw i will have to pay a visit.

I'd bring a dog in to the vet if this problem has been there three days in a row -- there can be a serious problem even with other behaviour remaining normal for a time, which could be addressed before it has the time to potentially get critical. At the very least, I would call for advice on whether to bring her in. Three days is pretty long. I'd always try the bland diet after withholding food for 24 hours the first day -- if no improvement within another 24 hrs, then in to the vet, assuming there are no other worrying symptoms. By three days you are almost certainly looking at some problem that may get worse if left untreated.

Hey Karlin. Yes, the problem has been there for 3 days now but has shifted to diarrhea on the third.
I will withdraw food completely for 24 hours. I will call the vet and see what they advice. Part of the problem is I don't have a vet that I usually go to or particularly trust believe it or not. I have moved so often that I've seen 6 or 7 different vets and never had a real problem but once (when I brought her in to the emergency room for G.I lst year). I have two neurologist though.. :bang::bang:
So I'll just have to pick a vet and call.

Hey Karlin. Yes, the problem has been there for 3 days now but has shifted to diarrhea on the third.
I will withdraw food completely for 24 hours. I will call the vet and see what they advice. Part of the problem is I don't have a vet that I usually go to or particularly trust believe it or not. I have moved so often that I've seen 6 or 7 different vets and never had a real problem but once (when I brought her in to the emergency room for G.I lst year). I have two neurologist though.. :bang::bang:
So I'll just have to pick a vet and call.

How is Blondie? Isnt there another member in New York that might recommend a vet.

I would like a referral to a vet in brooklyn. Maybe ill ask dr. West? Good news though. No vomiting and diarrhra gone like magic today.thank god! I skipped last nights meal for fasting and am wondering if i can feed her a light bland meal today?

Back