• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Food guarding (video)

It makes me incredibly sad to see a Golden with food guarding issues. Mindy used to be the boss of food in our house. Zeus (our Golden) was a gentle giant. My trainer was telling me the other day that she feels that current breedings in Golden's are doing the breed no favours and seeing this I'd tend to agree.

My guys don't food guard but I've taught them to sit and not go to their bowl without permission. This winter my husband dropped an advil on the floor and both dogs went for it (Rylie is the one who got it but he is fine now). This made me really put effort into training both dogs to not eat anything without permission. We aren't there yet but both of them can walk over a handful of kibble on the floor to come to me without eating it - so we are getting there.

Back