• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

CoQ10 - be sure to use a reduced form!

MishathePooh

CoQ10 is a fatty molecule that is difficult to absorb. When you buy CoQ10, it is prudent to purchase a reduced form called "ubiquinol" or a form complexed with cyclodextrin. I believe this increases absorption up to 10x.

I might be wrong but someone told me taking it with some kind of oil (ex: fish oil) will increase the absorption... :confused:

Yes, anything that is a fatty molecule (including vitamins A, D, E, etc) will be better absorbed when taken with fat/oil.

I've seen CoQ10 on the vitamin shelves at the store. What type of benefit does it give? I'm not familiar with it.

Wikipedia Entry

CoQ10 is part of the electron transport chain. It has antioxidant activity and production declines with age. Supplementation is important for heart health, and likely kidney and gum health as well. Can be helpful for migraines and cancer patients.

Does anyone know if they (fish oil, vitamin E and coQ10) should be given together at once? Currently I've been giving corey fish oil in the morning with his meal and vit. e & coQ10 together at night with his meal. Thanks!

HI

Just ordered the Ubiquinol from Puritans Pride together with a top up of Omega 3 and have decided to give Lily and Rosie my stock of CQ 10 as they are the youngest and put Poppy and Daisy on the Ubiquinol when it arrives . Without the first post in this thread on 14 th May I would have been no wiser so it pays to read everything ,thank you .:)

Yes, the ubiquinol is a good form.

CoQ10, Vit E and fish oil should all be given together. Vit E helps prevent fatty acid oxidation of the fish oil. Fish oil helps the CoQ10 and E absorb well.

Back