Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Harleys Rally Obedience Trial

  1. #11
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    486
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I love the picture! Congrats on the win. I tried rally a few times with my now passed girl. I liked it and hope to trial with my boy in the next year. Takes lots of practice to get the signs right, and for me that was the most intimidating thing about rally. But I love the fact you can talk to your dog while trialing.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Unit 3, 194 Commerce Park, Stephenson Ind Est, Washington, Tyne and Wear, NE37 3HR
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Rally O in the North East of England

    Congratulations, it is really hard to find Rally O classes in the North East of England so I have introduced them to my dog activity and training centre called cleverpawz in Washington, Tyne and Wear. They have only been running for two weeks and are already filling up.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    2,614
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cleverpawz View Post
    Congratulations, it is really hard to find Rally O classes in the North East of England so I have introduced them to my dog activity and training centre called cleverpawz in Washington, Tyne and Wear. They have only been running for two weeks and are already filling up.
    What Rally are you doing talking Dog or Uk Rally?
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

  4. #14
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Unit 3, 194 Commerce Park, Stephenson Ind Est, Washington, Tyne and Wear, NE37 3HR
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Rally O

    Hi, I'm teaching the UK Rally, didn't know there was another option in the UK?

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Essex, UK
    Posts
    552
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cleverpawz View Post
    Hi, I'm teaching the UK Rally, didn't know there was another option in the UK?
    I'm teaching Talking Dogs Rally - UK rally is the APDT one isn't it? They're very similar to each other (and to Pet Dog Rally Obedience which is another organisation running Rally in the UK). Although some of the signs are slightly different between the three it's all the same principal so I'm not sure it matters which one you choose. It's all fairly new to the UK and I'm sure it will take off in a big way popularity wise over the coming years. I would like to see it get to the popularity levels of agility, which also has different organisations running shows.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Leicester
    Posts
    2,614
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MadPip View Post
    I'm teaching Talking Dogs Rally - UK rally is the APDT one isn't it? They're very similar to each other (and to Pet Dog Rally Obedience which is another organisation running Rally in the UK). Although some of the signs are slightly different between the three it's all the same principal so I'm not sure it matters which one you choose. It's all fairly new to the UK and I'm sure it will take off in a big way popularity wise over the coming years. I would like to see it get to the popularity levels of agility, which also has different organisations running shows.
    Yes UK Rally is APDT. Very strict. In TD and PDRO when you enter their competitions you compete against yourself and as long as you score 170 points you will get a rosette. You only compete against other people in the National Rankings, in UK Rally you compete against everybody else and I think only get placed to 6th place, you also have to qualify to enter the main trial. (Correct me if I am wrong)
    The founder of PDRO Rally is also a UK Rally Judge. I would like to see a UK Rally Trial just to see how they judge and how strict it is.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •