Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So sad. Now I know.

Post Thanks / Like

Default So sad. Now I know.

Our angel, Casey Sig passed away on Saturday. We never understood why he itched and yelped. The vets thought it was a skin condition. I wish I had known about this Cavalier site earlier. Casey was born 9/11/00, a year before the twin towers. He was a dog that could heal your heart from a single look. He taught my children patience and devotion because that is what he demonstrated every day. His heart was enlarged about 50% before he died. He had a stroke and it was devastating that I could do nothing. We rushed him to the ER but his spirit had flown. He is now being watched by our statue of St. Francis Assissi buried near a mulberry and guava trees. I really wish more was communicated to us about this devastating disease. It is so cruel that such beautiful creatures are bred with this condition. Only a few months ago, I took Casey on a walk 4 mile walk up the hills overlooking the valley. The wind whipped through his silky coat. He was in bliss, as was I.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi and welcome to the board; so sorry to hear about your loss of Casey. I moved your post to a fresh thread as I thought people would like to comment on it as a new thread rather than part of another one.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default So sad. Now i know

Quote Originally Posted by caseysig View Post
    Our angel, Casey Sig passed away on Saturday. We never understood why he itched and yelped. The vets thought it was a skin condition. I wish I had known about this Cavalier site earlier. Casey was born 9/11/00, a year before the twin towers. He was a dog that could heal your heart from a single look. He taught my children patience and devotion because that is what he demonstrated every day. His heart was enlarged about 50% before he died. He had a stroke and it was devastating that I could do nothing. We rushed him to the ER but his spirit had flown. He is now being watched by our statue of St. Francis Assissi buried near a mulberry and guava trees. I really wish more was communicated to us about this devastating disease. It is so cruel that such beautiful creatures are bred with this condition. Only a few months ago, I took Casey on a walk 4 mile walk up the hills overlooking the valley. The wind whipped through his silky coat. He was in bliss, as was I.

SO SAD .NOW I KNOW.

I was so sorry to hear about Casey.

This is what I hope for ,that some-day our Cherished Cavaliers will be given the chance of Healthier, Longer Lives.

How this will ever be done ,I just do not know.

Bet
    Bet (Hargreaves)

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to read your post The image of your little one walking with the wind blowing through his coat is a wonderful picture.

I hope you find some peace soon and have happy memories of him and not the sadness of you letting him go.
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by caseysig View Post
    Only a few months ago, I took Casey on a walk 4 mile walk up the hills overlooking the valley. The wind whipped through his silky coat. He was in bliss, as was I.
    That's a lovely memory to have of Casey.

You are very welcome to the board. I am so sorry to read about Casey. It sounds like he was a very special little dog.
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am so very sorry for your loss..It seems you have very fond memories to keep Casey alive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi there. I am so very sorry about your loss.

I have 5 Cavaliers. My boy Rebel is 8 1/2 and has SM. He has only recently started to show symptoms. I am one of the very lucky ones as Rebel was in a pitiful state, but my vet started him conservatively on a low dose of Frusemide, which is controllling his symptoms. He has been symptom free for several months now, but has thorough check ups from my vet every 3 months and she is very pleased with his progress.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charlifarley View Post
    That's a lovely memory to have of Casey.

You are very welcome to the board. I am so sorry to read about Casey. It sounds like he was a very special little dog.
    I too am so sorry and I agree that is a very good memory and Casey seems very special. Hold on to the memories. I know the pain is so hard and its hard because of the love we felt and will always feel for those that were so special to us.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the board but I'm sorry it's under such tragic circumstances

You obviously have many happy memories which will comfort you through the difficult times.

We try to hard to raise awareness of Syringomyelia - every thing that we do as individuals makes such a difference.

Perhaps you could print off information to take in to your vet? from this site http://sm.cavaliertalk.com/

also direct people to here and to other helpful sites such as http://cavaliermatters.org/

Take care and please stay with us
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org