• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

So sad. Now I know.

caseysig

Our angel, Casey Sig passed away on Saturday. We never understood why he itched and yelped. The vets thought it was a skin condition. I wish I had known about this Cavalier site earlier. Casey was born 9/11/00, a year before the twin towers. He was a dog that could heal your heart from a single look. He taught my children patience and devotion because that is what he demonstrated every day. His heart was enlarged about 50% before he died. He had a stroke and it was devastating that I could do nothing. We rushed him to the ER but his spirit had flown. He is now being watched by our statue of St. Francis Assissi buried near a mulberry and guava trees. I really wish more was communicated to us about this devastating disease. It is so cruel that such beautiful creatures are bred with this condition. Only a few months ago, I took Casey on a walk 4 mile walk up the hills overlooking the valley. The wind whipped through his silky coat. He was in bliss, as was I.

Hi and welcome to the board; so sorry to hear about your loss of Casey. I moved your post to a fresh thread as I thought people would like to comment on it as a new thread rather than part of another one. :flwr:

So sad. Now i know

Our angel, Casey Sig passed away on Saturday. We never understood why he itched and yelped. The vets thought it was a skin condition. I wish I had known about this Cavalier site earlier. Casey was born 9/11/00, a year before the twin towers. He was a dog that could heal your heart from a single look. He taught my children patience and devotion because that is what he demonstrated every day. His heart was enlarged about 50% before he died. He had a stroke and it was devastating that I could do nothing. We rushed him to the ER but his spirit had flown. He is now being watched by our statue of St. Francis Assissi buried near a mulberry and guava trees. I really wish more was communicated to us about this devastating disease. It is so cruel that such beautiful creatures are bred with this condition. Only a few months ago, I took Casey on a walk 4 mile walk up the hills overlooking the valley. The wind whipped through his silky coat. He was in bliss, as was I.

SO SAD .NOW I KNOW.

I was so sorry to hear about Casey.

This is what I hope for ,that some-day our Cherished Cavaliers will be given the chance of Healthier, Longer Lives.

How this will ever be done ,I just do not know.

Bet

I am so sorry to read your post:( The image of your little one walking with the wind blowing through his coat is a wonderful picture.

I hope you find some peace soon and have happy memories of him and not the sadness of you letting him go.
:hug:

Only a few months ago, I took Casey on a walk 4 mile walk up the hills overlooking the valley. The wind whipped through his silky coat. He was in bliss, as was I.
That's a lovely memory to have of Casey.

You are very welcome to the board. I am so sorry to read about Casey. It sounds like he was a very special little dog.

Hi there. I am so very sorry about your loss.

I have 5 Cavaliers. My boy Rebel is 8 1/2 and has SM. He has only recently started to show symptoms. I am one of the very lucky ones as Rebel was in a pitiful state, but my vet started him conservatively on a low dose of Frusemide, which is controllling his symptoms. He has been symptom free for several months now, but has thorough check ups from my vet every 3 months and she is very pleased with his progress.

That's a lovely memory to have of Casey.

You are very welcome to the board. I am so sorry to read about Casey. It sounds like he was a very special little dog.

I too am so sorry and I agree that is a very good memory and Casey seems very special. Hold on to the memories. I know the pain is so hard and its hard because of the love we felt and will always feel for those that were so special to us.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Welcome to the board but I'm sorry it's under such tragic circumstances :(:(

You obviously have many happy memories which will comfort you through the difficult times.

We try to hard to raise awareness of Syringomyelia - every thing that we do as individuals makes such a difference.

Perhaps you could print off information to take in to your vet? from this site http://sm.cavaliertalk.com/

also direct people to here and to other helpful sites such as http://cavaliermatters.org/

Take care and please stay with us

Sorry you lost Casey. It's so hard when you lose your dog. You will always have great memories to hold on to which ease the pain.

Back